22nd December 2014, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Does I have to appear in JEE Main for admission in B.Tech if pursuing Diploma in Civil Engineering 6th semester?

Hello
I appeared in diploma civil engineering 6th semester star recently.
I want to get admission . Whether I can appear JEE MAINS?
otherwise how I will get Admission
for Degree in Civil Engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IIT B.E B.Tech in 2nd year after passing 10th class by Punjab Board and while pursuing diploma in 6th semester upto 70% in mechanical engineering in LPU?
  2. How to do B.Tech after pursuing diploma in civil engineering?
  3. Can I apply for the post of JE civil? I am a student of 6th semester of diploma in civil engineering
  4. Can I get admission in Nirma University after completing diploma course in civil engineering from BS Patel Polytechnic?
  5. Can I pursue B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in IT? Procedure of getting admission in B.Tech. Civil Engineering through lateral entry in the colleges of Himachal University?
  6. How to become a Scientist in ISRO after pursuing 6th semester in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  7. How to get admission in regular BE/BTech in Civil Engg. at GTU?
  8. List of the companies offering training for B.Tech civil engineering students? I am pursuing B.Tech(6th semester) with civil engineering stream from Bhopal. Can I take this training in any semester of 3rd year?
  9. Which is the best course for me having interest in creative work and pursuing 6th semester of Computer Engineering?
  10. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  12. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  13. How can I get admission in Delhi College of Engineering having completed Diploma in Civil Engineering? Minimum marks required in Diploma and rank required in LEET?
  14. Can I get direct degree admission in direct 2nd year after diploma engineering in computers?
  15. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma in Mechanical in 6th semester?
  16. Can I apply for lateral entry in Thapar University during 6th semester of diploma in engineering?
  17. Can I get admission in government college for lateral B.Tech course if having 2 backlogs in Diploma 5th semester?
  18. Last 3 years question papers of diploma civil engineering 5 semesters?
23rd December 2014, 03:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does I have to appear in JEE Main for admission in B.Tech if pursuing Diploma in Civil Engineering 6th semester?

No, you cannot appear in JEE Main examination for admission in B.Tech course after completion of Diploma course. You cannot appear in JEE Main examination because IIT's does not offer admission for Diploma candidates through Lateral Entry process. To get admission in B.Tech course, you need to appear for Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET) after completion of your three years Diploma course. By qualifying LEET examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular engineering college. By qualifying LEET examination, you can get direct admission in Second year of Four years B.Tech course.
23rd December 2014, 11:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does I have to appear in JEE Main for admission in B.Tech if pursuing Diploma in Civil Engineering 6th semester?

JEE is only for 10+2 PCM passed candidates and it is for those who want to get admission in the 1st year of the Engineering degree.

If you are Diploma Engineering holder then you have to apply for LEET for getting admission in 2nd year of the Engineering degree.

Therefore, if you want tot get admission in B.Tech then be prepared for LEET (Lateral Engineering Entrance Test).

For more information visit LEET notification
23rd December 2014, 11:28 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for JEE Main exam, if you want to get admission in NIT's. But, through this exam, you cannot directly get into second year of civil engineering. You have study four year's of engineering course.
You can also get admission into engineering through Lateral Entry Entrance Exam(LEET), which will be conducted to provide admissions for Diploma students into second year of Engineering. If you can qualify LEET exam, you can get admission directly in second year of Engineering. And you will get an admission in any particular college, depending upon your score in LEET exam. In every state, a particular University or institution will conduct this exam, you can apply for this exam by getting an "Application form" from that university.
24th December 2014, 02:58 PM
Devdatta Divekar

There are number of private/ centrally funded colleges which accept btech admission on the basis of JEE mains. You cannot secure admission in Btech without passing JEE main exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?