22nd December 2014, 08:10 PM
rydham sharama

What should I do after 12th to become an IAS officer?

Hyee sir i am student of class 12th with science stream and wanted to become IAS officer so what should i do after 12th

Related Questions:
2nd January 2015, 09:50 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I do after 12th to become an IAS officer?

Minimum qualification required for IAS exam is graduation. So you have lot of time to decide and prepare for the exam. At present you just know the word IAS, you need to know a lot more about this exam. First you need to focus on your graduation.

General awareness has got lot of weightage in IAS exam, so you can start reading newspaper regularly. Focus on editorial page. You need not to worry about reading books or coaching at this stage. You can do that once you complete you graduation.
You can read monthly magazines like wizard or CSR etc to improve you knowledge.
20th April 2015, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i completed my inter second year which group and what should i do to become IAS
20th April 2015, 08:47 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

Candidate who want to become an IAS officer must have a graduation degree. Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination.

Candidate age should be between 21 years to 30 years.The upper age limit for OBC candidates is 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

There are three mode of Selection---

Prelims Exam
Mains
Interview
20th April 2015, 09:57 PM
s.sharma5657
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What should I do after 12th to become an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydham sharama View Post
Hyee sir i am student of class 12th with science stream and wanted to become IAS officer so what should i do after 12th
Hello,
To be an IAS officer you need to clear 3-level examination conducted by UPSC
1. Preliminary
2. Main
3. Interveiw

Knowing the pattern of exam to become IAS officer will help you a lot in choosing your Graduation field.

Syllabus consists of subjects like - History,Geography,General science,Economics,Polity,International relations.
Hence depending on your strength/weakness and interest you can choose your Graduation stream.
Most of the aspirants go for B.A. in any subject of general studies.It makes your base strong,Plus you also have to select one optional subject in Mains exam (Level-2 of exam) so you can accordingly opt for the subject of your graduation among the list of optional subjects (Go through the list once, there are many options)
So at this stage you can very precisely choose your stream of Graduation keeping your aim in mind.

Good luck!!
20th April 2015, 10:17 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam every year.

To become an IAS officer, Candidate must be a citizen of India. Candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline from the recognized University. Candidate who are pursuing in the final year exam they may also apply for Civil Services Preliminary Exam.

Age of the candidate should be between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation for reserve candidate as per government rules.

Number of attempts for general 4 times, obc 7 times, sc/st can appear till 35 years of age.

There are three stages of selection process Prilims exam->Mains exam->Interview. Candidate have to cross all these stages step by step. If you fail in any stage then you have to restart from first(Prilims).
21st April 2015, 03:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Since you are not eligible for IAS examination on 10+2 degree as the minimum qualification required is--

* Candidates must have graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university .
* The candidates age must be 21-30 years for the general category and relaxation is applicable for reserved category .

But still if you want to be an IAS in future you can take initiative from now only as it is not going to be easy that you can just apply and crack it .
So from now only you can work on your English an Eassy writing this can be improved by going through the English newspaper and News channel .
22nd April 2015, 12:15 AM
rickykumar24

Dear friend

To become an IAS officer complete your Graduation first. After completing Graduation you will be eligible for IAS examination conducted by UPSC. Following are the About IAS exam:-

To become an ias officer.

1)-you must be graduated from any recognised university.
)-no percentage is required only graduation is required to appear
in ias exam.

IAS exam consist of 3 parts as:
1. prelims
2. mains
3. interview

Age limit is different for different casts candidates :-

1)- for general candidates age limit is 21-30.
2)- for obc candidates age limit is 21-33.
3)- for sc, st candidates age limit is 21-35.

Number of opportunities for different candidates :-

1)- Only 4 oppertunities are available for general candidates .
2)- Only 7 oppeetunities are available for obc candidates.
3)- No limit for sc, st candidates

To appear in the ias exam.

** commerce , science , arts any stream student can apply for ias exam.

According to toppers of ias :-

Arts is the best stream for those who want to become an ias officer.

For updates of ias exam:-

Log on to www.upsc.gov.in
this is official website of upsc here you get any detail about any exam of upsc.
7th June 2015, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I have completed my 12th from science stream(Pcm) & I wanted to become an ias officer so if I opt from pcm subject for bsc then also I will be able to become an ias officer
7th October 2015, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have faild in 12th nd i am doing one sitting degree b.sc chemistry and I wanted to become an ias officer can do ias ??
12th May 2016, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Sir, this is Pragati Verma, I've completed my 12 with average % in future i want to become an IAS officer I'm not very good in accounts and economics , which undergraduate course will be best for me
1st August 2017, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Which is the easier stream between science ,commerce and arts to become an i.a.s officer
10th November 2018, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to become an IAS from science stream. Marks of class 12th matters, is it or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?