23rd December 2014, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

How to become a member of Merchant Navy after completing 10th class

After completed my 10 th class which courses I should do to be a member of merchant navy plz guide me.

26th March 2015, 08:33 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a member of Merchant Navy after completing 10th class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completed my 10 th class which courses I should do to be a member of merchant navy plz guide me.
After completing your 10th std., you should have to take admission in 10+2 science course. Once you have completed your 10+2 with physics and maths subjects from the recognized board exam then, you can apply for merchant navy as a cadet entry.

If you want to join merchant navy as an officer then first of all you should have to completed your bachelor course in marine engineering i.e., B.E./B.Tech in Marine Engineering or B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) in nautical science.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for the merchant navy.

Candidate must possess nationality of India.

The choice is yours. You can join merchant navy either as an officer or as a cadet. I would recommend that you should go for either B.E./B.Tech in marine engineering or B.Sc in nautical science and make entry as an officer.
29th March 2015, 06:55 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a member of Merchant Navy after completing 10th class

You are not eligible to join Merchant Navy on your 10th qualification.The minimum eligibility to join is +2 but on this qualification. But on this you are eligible to join as cadet.

After completing the B.E/B.Tech from Marine Engineering stream or B.Sc from Nautical Science you can apply as an officer in the Merchant Navy.

So you can apply for it on which you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?