23rd December 2014, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Ph.D in Agriculture for M.Sc in Biotechnology Student?

Hello everyone
i am sabareesan i had finished my
msc in biotechnology and iam
intrested n doing my phd in agriculture .
is that possible and if it so plz give me guidence

Related Questions:
  1. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  2. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology
  3. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to do MSc biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotechnology
  5. Whether I should go for MBA or Ph.D. after M.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  6. How can I get scholarship to study Ph.D(Plant/Agriculture Biotechnology) in Abroad if secured 2067 AIR in GATE being a ST candidate?
  7. Scholarship or financial aid to do PhD in Plant or Agriculture Biotechnology in Abroad?
  8. Studying Ph.D from correspondence university like CMJ University, Shillong is valuable for M.Sc Biotechnology student? List of the correspondence universities for Ph.D?
  9. Can i do MSc agriculture or MSc agriculture biotechnology if I am in last year of BSc Biotechnology? Which course is beneficial? Which are the colleges for MSc Agriculture?
  10. Scholarship eligibility, exam, and interview for Ph.D(Plant Biotechnology/Agriculture Biotechnology) in abroad?
  11. Eligibility to apply in Ph.D(Biotechnology) for M.Sc from IGNOU student? Duration of Ph.D(Biotechnology) program?
  12. Is it fine to do Ph.D in Biotechnology and CSIR, NET, GATE and JRF fellowship exam?
  13. From which college to pursue M.Tech? Which branches are available in M.Tech and what is the fee structure?
  14. Information about CMJ University for Ph.D in Biotechnology programme? List of the correspondence UGC recognized universities who offers Ph.D in Biotechnology programme? Is it worthy to do Ph.D through correspondence?
  15. In which MSc course should I take admission? Which is better between MSc Environmental Study and MSc Biotechnology?
  16. How to do MSc in Agriculture Biotechnology after studying 3rd year BSc agriculture
  17. What is the admission procedure to do MSc Food Tech? I am a student of TY Biotechnology
  18. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
25th December 2014, 01:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Ph.D in Agriculture for M.Sc in Biotechnology Student?

If you have got M.Sc in Biotechnology with 55% marks from a recognized University then you can surely apply for Ph.D admission in Agricultural Sciences.

If you have qualified exams like CSIR NET and SLET then you can get admission in Ph.D program without appearing for any entrance exam. Those who have ICAR JRF or any other fellowships are also eligible for admission in Ph.D without any entrance exam.

Most of the Agricultural Universities in India conduct entrance examination for admission into Ph.D program. Being a Master's degree holder will certainly make your eligible for Ph.D entrance exam.
25th December 2014, 07:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Ph.D in Agriculture for M.Sc in Biotechnology Student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone
i am sabareesan i had finished my
msc in biotechnology and iam
intrested n doing my phd in agriculture .
is that possible and if it so plz give me guidence
You have completed M.Sc degree in Biotechnology so you are eligible to do Ph.D in Agriculture.

You can do Ph.D in subject if you have strength on that particular field.

For admission in Ph.D in India, you must have CSIR NET or UGC NET score card.

If you have completed your M.Sc degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks then you are eligible for both exam.

Your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?