28th December 2014, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Whether 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management is equivalent to Degree?

Respected Sir/ Madam
I have completed my # Years Diploma in Hotel Management ,Catering Technology from SIHMCT,Kalyani. Now I want to know is that 3 Years Diploma certificate as above said equivalent to Degree?

Regards
Subhankar Dasgupta.

Related Questions:
  1. Converting Hotel Management Diploma to BSc in Hotel Management by giving extra papers
  2. How can I convert diploma into BSc degree in hotel management? I have completed 3 years diploma in hotel management affiliated with Alagappa University
  3. Can I get a degree for my diploma in hotel management? How can I convert my diploma into degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to do B.Ed in Hotel Management? I have done ITI diploma in hotel management
  5. What is the course duration of Master of Hotel Management program? How much salary I will get after completing MHM?
  6. How to do part time diploma course in hotel management?
  7. Is there any possibility to do HM course after passing 12th?
  8. Is diploma for hotel management and degree of tourism available from IGNOU? List of 3 year courses available for students?
  9. Details of IIHM course? What is the syllabus of it?
  10. How to join HM college if I am a student of 12th science under WB board?
  11. What kind of jobs are available after Diploma or B.Sc in Hotel Management? Does it has a better future?
  12. Whether Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology course is available? Entrance exam for this course? Whether a candidate get admission in degree course after completing diploma?
  13. Courses after higher secondary with Commerce stream?
  14. B.Sc in Hotel Management or Diploma in Hotel Management which one is good? Jobs available in future?
  15. Are hotel management courses equivalent to diploma courses? Can I purse these course simultaneously with my schooling? Suggest some hotel management courses
  16. How to join Hotel Management degree course?
  17. Subjects offered in Diploma program of Hotel Management? -- [New]
  18. Which is better between Hotel Management diploma and masters degree?
29th December 2014, 06:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management is equivalent to Degree?

No, three years Diploma in Hotel Management is not equivalent to degree. If you have completed Bachelor of Hotel Management course, then, it will be equivalent to a degree certificate. Diploma course degree is not equivalent to Bachelor's or Graduation degree. So, we can say that Diploma in Hotel Management course is equivalent to Diploma degree and it is not equivalent to any Bachelor's or Graduation degree.
29th December 2014, 09:57 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management is equivalent to Degree?

No, three years diploma certificate in Hotel Management is not equivalent to Degree. Since diploma has been stated in your certificate so it is no way equivalent to degree course, neither can you opt for the opportunities which have degree course as their eligibility criteria.
29th December 2014, 11:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management is not equal to a Degree. You have to take admission in a Degree program and complete it to become a Graduate.

You can get admission in a Bachelor of Hotel Management through lateral entry and you will be eligible for admission in 2nd year.

Therefore, if you want to become a Graduate then you have to take admission in a Degree course.
30th December 2014, 12:04 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, your three Diploma course in Hotel management is not equal to any Degree. Diploma candidates are just equal to the candidates, who have completed 12th standard. If you want to get degree in any Hotel management course, you should opt for BHM(Bachelors in Hotel management) course. Then you will be considered as a candidate, who has completed degree.
30th December 2014, 02:46 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, a Diploma is never equivalent to a Degree.

A Diploma is provided by an Institute whereas a Degree is provided by a University.

A degree always has more value than a Diploma.
12th September 2017, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Is three year diploma in hotel management from Andhra Pradesh Technical Board equivalent to Sr.Secondary?
30th March 2018, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

I have done Bsc in hotel management catering technology and tourism. Is this degree is equivalent to graduation degree or not, if i am selected in government job and there they want graduation degree then they will allow this degree as per requirement?
21st June 2018, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed bachelors hotel management degree from o.u. should apply for government jobs.
7th October 2019, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Can a person qualified in BSc Hopsitality and Hotel Administration can be considered qualified in Three Year Diploma in Catering Hotel Management??
10th July 2021, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Sir I completed vocational inter Mlt without bridge course can I join any degree in hotel management
10th September 2022, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Whether 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management is equivalent to HSC (12th) in tamil nadu
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?