31st December 2014, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

What kind of job is offered in TCS to Electrical Engineer?

Hello
I am an electrical engineering btech graduate
n got placed in TCS on campusing..
what to electrical engineer have to do in TCS???
would i be posted in any electrical related project or wat???
plz reply must...

28th January 2015, 08:56 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: What kind of job is offered in TCS to Electrical Engineer?

JOB PROFILE FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER IN TCS:

No, you won't be put into electrical related projects in TCS as they work and deal only with softwares which are directly related to Computer Science background but still they pickup candidates from various streams thinking that they can easily train for the work which you are going to do no matter what the candidates engineering background is. There are possibilities at times that the project which you may work will have some dependency on your core but then anyways you need to deal with software at end of day. Sometimes it would be just support tasks assigned to you in the project where you need to test and debug the software for the customers.

So, right now you need to take a cautious call if you really wanted to jump into non-core companies then you can very well step into TCS and probably work there for max 1 year and try to take a call by then if it will really help you to have a better career and if you feel it's not then plan for the next core company or higher studies and then quit the company!
31st January 2016, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What kind of job is offered in TCS to Electrical Engineer?

I am be electrical engineer 2013 passout.i hvn't get aggregate 60% in engineering so that i m still struggle in pvt companies with compromise salary.what to do for bright future plz suggest me?
12th February 2016, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What kind of job is offered in TCS to Electrical Engineer?

Hai..Hello.. TCS is goingnto visit our campus in the coming month for the campus placements. I coudn't find uniformity on the search resuts when i goggled about the selection pocedure.so,please guide me and let me know me know the recruitement criteria ,syllabus for the test. Also suggest me some tips to crack a job in TCS. I would be really very grateful if you could help me out through this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?