31st December 2014, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for MHRD Scholarship in M.Tech 2nd year?

Sir
i have taken admission to m.tech. through gate category
but as my score was not qualified
i didnt get Mhrd scholarship for first year.
But now i qualified gate, can i apply
for MHRD scholarship for second year?

2nd January 2015, 11:22 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for MHRD Scholarship in M.Tech 2nd year?

Yes, you are eligible for MHRD scholarship after qualified in GATE entrance exam. Basically, MHRD gives scholarship for all those students who have qualified the minimum marks fixed by the GATE exam authority. For M.Tech Scholarship is based on GATE score.

But the Scholarship amount differs from institutes to institutes. The scholarship amount is different for different IITs. It may depends upon city also. Normally, the amount will be Rs. 8,000 to 10000 per month.

Official Website - mhrd.gov.in/scholarships
2nd January 2015, 03:41 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for MHRD Scholarship in M.Tech 2nd year?

Yes, you can now apply for MHRD scholarship in your 2nd year as you have cleared your GATE exams.

GATE exams are held each year for two purposes:

1. To get admission in various M.Tech/PhD programmes

2. To attain MHRD scholarship or fellowship during post graduation course.

MHRD scholarship can only be availed in the year when you clear your GATE exam, i.e. you will not get any scholarship for the previous year, but only from the year when you have passed your GATE exam.

However, in many government colleges not all M.Tech seats are meant for scholarship.

For that the college prepares a merit list for scholarships, after that the gate score is analysed and if it falls under the Merit, you will start receiving scholarship amount accordingly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?