2nd January 2015, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for scholarship in IIT for M.Tech student? How much amount is given in scholarship?

gud evening sir...
i want to know the scholarship procedure
and amount which i will get during
my M.tech from an IIT..........
KINDLY LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY

15th March 2023, 02:15 AM
IAmPagal

Default Re: Procedure to apply for scholarship in IIT for M.Tech student? How much amount is given in scholarship?

IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology) offer scholarships to M.Tech students based on merit and financial need. The scholarship amount may vary depending on the institute, program, and category of the student. Here's a general procedure for applying for scholarships in IITs for M.Tech students:

Check the eligibility criteria: The scholarship eligibility criteria may vary for each institute. Generally, a minimum CGPA of 8.0 out of 10 is required for the scholarship. Students from economically weaker sections and those with disabilities may get additional benefits.

Apply for admission: The first step towards getting a scholarship in IITs is to apply for M.Tech admission. The admission process usually starts in March or April, and the online application forms are available on the respective IIT websites.

Fill the scholarship application form: After getting admission to the M.Tech program, the scholarship application form needs to be filled. The form is available on the institute's website. The student has to fill in the required details and submit the form before the deadline.

Submit required documents: The students have to submit documents supporting their financial status, such as income certificate, bank statements, etc. The documents required for the scholarship may vary for each institute.

Merit-based selection: The selection of the scholarship recipients is based on the merit list prepared by the institute. The merit list is usually prepared based on the GATE score and the academic performance of the student.

Notification and disbursement: Once the scholarship recipients are selected, the institute will notify them through email or post. The scholarship amount is usually disbursed in installments, and the exact amount may vary based on the institute and the category of the student.

It is recommended to check the respective IIT website for detailed information on the scholarship scheme, application procedure, and amount of scholarship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?