6th January 2015, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT with mentioned marks in 12th CBSE?

HELLO
I have got the following marks in class 12 Cbse.
English 91
Maths 78
Physics 65
Chemistry 73
Will I be able to attempt BITSAT????

6th January 2015, 08:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT with mentioned marks in 12th CBSE?

BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recoginsed board are eligible to appear in BITSAT examination. Candidates who have obtained a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th standard examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects are eligible to appear in BITSAT examination. If you have secured 75% aggregate marks by calculating your Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject marks, then, you are eligible to appear in BITSAT examination.
7th January 2015, 07:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT with mentioned marks in 12th CBSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HELLO
I have got the following marks in class 12 Cbse.
English 91
Maths 78
Physics 65
Chemistry 73
Will I be able to attempt BITSAT????
As per marks criteria, you are eligible for BITSAT exam.

Details of BITSAT exam is given below.

Those candidates who have completed their 10+2 from a recognized Board in the country are eligible for BITSAT exam. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Candidates must be proficient in English also.

BITSAT 2015 Important Dates:

Deadline to apply for BITSAT 2015-February 20, 2015 (upto 5 pm)
BITSAT 2015 Test Dates -March 1 to 21, 2015
BITSAT 2015 Admit Card-April 15 to 30, 2015
BITSAT 2015 Online Tests-May 14 to 29, 2015

You can apply online by clicking on the link http://www.bitsadmission.com/
8th April 2015, 10:35 PM
amanshrivastava98

According to the notification released by the BITS, the eligibility criteria is as follows :

* The candidate should be appearing or has passed the 12th standard.

* The candidate should have scored 80% at least aggregate in 12th

* The candidate should have scored 60% at least in PCM taken together.

Since you have scored pretty higher than that mentioned, So you are eligible to write the BITSAT.
11th September 2015, 02:01 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends...................

Yes, you can eligible for BITSAT exam.

BITSAT is the Entrance exam for Engineering.

Intermediate percentage is only required for this and no weightage is there with IPE marks

BITS Pilani is India’s leading Institute of Higher Education and a deemed university.

ELIGIBILITY FOR BITSAT;

Must complete IPE with PCM.

And must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in Class XII or equivalent.

And must also have secured a minimum of 60% in each subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)

For applying this exam who have passed the 12th standard in 2014 are eligible to appear for BITSAT 2015 and those aspirants who are passed 12th standard in 2013 or before are not eligible

And persons who are presently studying at any campus of BITS are not eligible to appear for BITSAT 2015.

All the best
15th August 2016, 11:14 PM
nayand1234

The eligibility criteria which is specified everywhere i.e on BITS official website and any other reliable source is actually the criteria for admission in a BITS university affiliated college.
You can give the BITSAT regardless of your 12th standard marks because many a times the results of the board exams are not announced until BITSAT is conducted but if you are sure of not getting more than 75% aggregate in Physics,Chemistry and Maths or if you have already got the result like in your case then you must not give BITSAT as it is a waste of your time then.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?