7th January 2015, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join NDA for a candidate who has secured 32% in 12th standard?

Hello friends
NDA is my life and it also my dream of childhood.
I want to join NDA, but in class 12th, i have got only 32%.
So can i join NDA??????
Please let me know immediately

8th January 2015, 10:04 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join NDA for a candidate who has secured 32% in 12th standard?

No percentage criteria in 12th standard is required to join in National Defence Academy (NDA) but, you must have to qualify your 12th standard in all subjects from a recognised board. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for the candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force Wings.

Eligibility Criteria :-
To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you must satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the age of 19 years.

3. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Army Wing :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.
--> For Air Force and Naval Wings :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

So, if you have qualified your 12th standard in all subjects with any percentage, then, you can definitely appear in NDA examination.
8th January 2015, 10:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join NDA for a candidate who has secured 32% in 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends
NDA is my life and it also my dream of childhood.
I want to join NDA, but in class 12th, i have got only 32%.
So can i join NDA??????
Please let me know immediately
Yes, you are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are also eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

I have mentioned some books name which are good for NDA exam. You can follow below given books.

NDA National Defence Academy Examination
Author: Jain, Gupta
Publisher: Upkar Prakasan (2012)

Success Series General Science: An Indispensable Book for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination also Useful for IAS / PCS / NDA / CDS and all Other Examinations
Author: Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2013)

NDA-NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examinations Guide
Author: G. K
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2012)

Study Package Mathematics for NDA & NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Entrance Examination
Author: Manjul Tyagi, Amit Rastogi
Publisher: Arihant (2012)

NDA exam date already announced so you can apply before closing date.

NDA NA Exam (I) 2015
Date of notification: December 27, 2014
Last date for application: January 23, 2015
Date of exam: April 19, 2015

NDA NA Exam (II) 2015
Date of notification: June 20, 2015
Last date for application: July 17, 2015
Date of exam: September 27, 2015
18th June 2015, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir I will become 19 years old in 6th July.So can I apply for NDA? Please comment.
18th June 2015, 11:00 PM
reconnect

Firstly, you have to pass the entrance exam conducted by National Defence Academy and after that your interview will be held. If you are selected in the then your physical test will be held to check whether you are fit and fine or not.
There is no any percentage criteria for NDA exam. Only a candidate should be 12th passed.
Your age should not be more than 19 years.
Good luck for your future.
19th June 2015, 08:20 PM
Priya yadav 497

Sir ,percentage of marks doesn't matter while applying for NDA. You just have to fill up the entrance test then you have to clear physical test. Thus you are eligible .
30th August 2016, 03:56 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NDA (National Defense Academy) after pursuing your 12th standard from a recognized Board/University or any equivalent qualification.

>> Percentage of marks really doesn't matter in this case . . .
You must have to crack NDA Entrance Examination and clear the Interviews and GD rounds in order to get into it.

Now, some details regarding NDA :-

NDA stands for National Defense Academy whose entrance examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year twice so as to select applications from all over the India into the following sub-academies :
• Indian Military Academy (IMA)
• Indian Naval Academy(NA)
• Indian Air Force Academy, and
• Officers' Training Academy(OTA)

>> Eligibility Criteria :

• Educational Qualifications : You must have passed your Intermediate course from a recognized Board or University or any equivalent course like Diploma.

• Age limit :
16.5 years to 19 years (on 1st July of the year preceding the Examination).

• Nationality : You must be a citizen of India.

Only male candidates can apply for NDA examinations.

• Marital Status : The candidate must be unmarried.

• Physical Status : The candidate must be physically and mentally fit while applying for the examination and training.

• Fitness :

>> For any further details, you may refer to the official website of UPSC i.e.
www.upsc.gov.in
31st August 2016, 08:35 PM
ealpvinoth

Yes you can join NDA one you complete your 12th std. You have to rite the NDA eam and the SSB is conducted for the selected students. Once you get into this you have a very well dignified life.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?