8th January 2015, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Is MCA candidates eligible to pursue M.Tech course?

Are Mca candidates (having gate score)eligible to pursue M.tech from Jadavpur University?

I have completed Bsc and have a good rank to do mca from NIT college. I am confused whether to do Msc/Mca.?

Please mention some top universities that take mca (along with good gate score) into account for theit mtech programmes.

Please please help.

10th January 2015, 10:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is MCA candidates eligible to pursue M.Tech course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are Mca candidates (having gate score)eligible to pursue M.tech from Jadavpur University?

I have completed Bsc and have a good rank to do mca from NIT college. I am confused whether to do Msc/Mca.?

Please mention some top universities that take mca (along with good gate score) into account for theit mtech programmes.

Please please help.
Yes, after completion of MCA degree, you can do M.Tech degree from Jadavpur University but you must have valid GATE score.

So you can do now MCA degree from NIT.

You can apply apply all college in India for M.Tech degree after completion of MCA course.

Details of GATE exam is given below.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This exam is conducted for M.Tech and Ph.D admission and also for the recruitment by PSU (Public Sector Unit)companies.

If you have bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

There is no percentage marks limit in B-Tech degree. There are no restriction for the number of attempts in GATE exam. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years. GATE score card is valid for two years.
10th January 2015, 04:21 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is MCA candidates eligible to pursue M.Tech course?

No, you are not eligible to do M.Tech course. That's because, candidates who had completed their B.E. / B.Tech course are only eligible to do M.Tech course. And they had to appear for GATE exam or any other entrance exam, which is conducted in their state, to get admission in M.Tech course. But, the candidates who are from other streams are not eligible to pursue M.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?