12th January 2015, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IPS if I am pursuing MBA course?

Hello Sir/Mam...

My name is sanjay i compleated my graduation and now ia m pursuing mba..i had back log in my graduation first year,but i cleared it in second year,and i completed my graduation in first attempt with 65% marks...
KINDLY REPLY ME ABOUT IT...
THANK U

14th January 2015, 12:31 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS if I am pursuing MBA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam...

My name is sanjay i compleated my graduation and now ia m pursuing mba..i had back log in my graduation first year,but i cleared it in second year,and i completed my graduation in first attempt with 65% marks...
THANK U
Yes, of course you are eligible for IPS after complying your Graduation. Since, you have cleared your pending backlogs so there is no issue with your educational qualification. Those candidates who have passed graduation can apply.

Indian Police Service (IPS).
To become an IPS officer one need to crack Civil Service Exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year.

IPS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Educational Qualification
- A candidate should have a 3 years Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized institute. Final year appearing candidates can also eligible.

Age limit :
- The candidate must be between the age of 21 years and 30 years
- Candidates who belong to SC /ST Category will be relaxed in age up to 5 years and Those who belong to OBC Category will be relaxed up to 3 years.

IPS selection is based on, Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview/Physical Standard.

For more info, please visit here - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
14th January 2015, 09:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam...

THANK U
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Police Service exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Optional subjects:-

Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany,Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics,Commerce & Accountancy, Political, Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Electrical Engineering , Public,Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology, Law.

Main subjects:-

Arabic, Gujarati, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Assamese, Hindi, Nepali, Sindhi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Chinese, Kashmiri, Pali, Telugu, English, Konkani, Persian, Urdu, French, Marathi, Punjabi, German, Malayalam, Russian.
14th January 2015, 11:35 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for IPS examination with "Graduation" degree. The minimum educational qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from any recognized university/ institution. However, you have cleared your backlogs in second year, finally received Graduation (Original Certificate) certificate you are now treated as a Graduate. So having graduation as qualification, you are of course eligible to appear for IPS.

To join IPS (Indian Police Service) you need to attempt CSAT examination. Again CSAT (Civil Services Preliminary Examination) consists of CSPE (Civil Service Preliminary Examination). Whoever qualify CSPE exam, those will be called for CSME (Civil Services Main Examination). After clearing this CSME round, qualified candidates will be called for Final Interview. The minimum age must be 21 years and maximum age is 30 years, and relaxation will be applicable for reserved candidates. IPS 2015 Notification will be released in February 2015/ March 2015, wait for the notification to come.

For more details - http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th January 2015, 12:23 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for IPS exam, which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission). That's because any candidate, who has completed his/her graduation from any stream are eligible to appear for Civil services exam.

Eligibility:-
1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Candidate must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form.
3. Candidate must possess a graduate degree in any discipline.

No. of Attempts:-
GEN: 4 times
OBCs: 7 times
SC/ST: No limit
14th January 2015, 01:57 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for IPS as you have completed the Graduation.

Indian Police service (IPS) is the most prestigious service in India at par with or next to IAS. UPSC conducts the IPS examination every year.

The IPS posts are filled by Civil service examination conducted by UPSC.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

* Candidate must be a citizen of India.

* The age of candidate must be in between 21-30 years.

* The Candidate must possess a Valid Degree form an Indian University or its equivalent qualification.

* Candidates who are in final year of Degree Course are also eligible to apply for Preliminary examination of IPS.
14th January 2015, 03:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IPS examination after completion of your Bachelor's degree from a recognised university. The IPS examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

--> You must be a citizen of India.

--> You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from
a recognised university.

--> You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per government rules.

--> You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Since, you have completed Bachelor's degree i.e., Graduation course from a recognised university, you are eligible to appear in IPS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?