14th January 2015, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write the JEE entrance exam with diploma course?

I am continuing diploma in electrical. I intend to appear JEE to get admission in B.tech through lateral entry. am I eligible for all india joint entrance exam for that. If so, kindly advise any institute for coaching in distance mode for lateral entry candidates.

regards

Adisrestha

15th January 2015, 07:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write the JEE entrance exam with diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am continuing diploma in electrical. I intend to appear JEE to get admission in B.tech through lateral entry. am I eligible for all india joint entrance exam for that. If so, kindly advise any institute for coaching in distance mode for lateral entry candidates.

regards

Adisrestha
Yes, you are eligible for JEE advance exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

List of the best coaching center for JEE mains in India:-

Triumphant Institute Of Management Education
Rajora Complex, Kota Rajsthan
0744-2362145

Resonance Eduventures Pvt. Ltd.
J-2, Jawahar Nagar Main Road, Kota (Raj.) – 324005
+91-744- 3012222, +91-744- 3192222

Bansal Classes
2-K-17, Vigyan Nagar, Kota

Career Point
112, Shakti Nagar, Kota

Abhay's IIT Teaching Center
A-3, Jawahar Nagar, Kota

Brilliant Classes
154, Dadabari, Kota

Sri Chaitanya IIT-Jee Academy
10-A, Talwandi, Jhalawar Road, Kota

K L IIT Jee Academy
467-768, Dadabari Extension, Kota

Narayana IIT Academy
CP-3, Indira Vihar, Kota
15th January 2015, 10:08 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in JEE entrance examination because the academic qualification required to appear in JEE entrance examination is completion of 12th standard or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board. Diploma holders are not eligible to appear in JEE entrance examination and even they can't get admission in B.Tech course in IIT's, because IIT's does not offer admissions through Lateral Entry process. But, if you are interested to pursue B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you can get admission in B.Tech course by appearing in LEET examination. By qualifying LEET examination, you can get direct admission in Second year of four years Diploma course.
15th January 2015, 02:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry JEE doesn't have any Lateral Entry admission procedure and you have to apply for LEET for getting admission in 2nd year of a B.Tech course after completion of your Diploma in Engineering.

JEE Mains and Advance is only for 10+2 candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Maths from a recognized board of education.

Therefore, you must prepare for LEET if you are interested in getting admission in a B.Tech course. You can contact the same coaching institutes which offer JEE preparation for your lateral entry preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?