14th January 2015, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

What is the future of 12th with three year diploma in Civil?

What should i do after 12 with diploma? can i give NDA exam after diploma?
Or i have to do B.tech after that?

15th January 2015, 02:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the future of 12th with three year diploma in Civil?

If you fulfill the age criteria then you can apply for NDA exam on the basis of your 10+2 qualification. The age limit for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19 years and only unmarried males can apply for it.

Mostly, students opt for a Polytechnic Diploma after 10th class and you have taken admission after 10+2. This is the main problem for you because you could have joined a B.Tech course straight after 12th if have studied PCM subjects.

Having a Diploma in Engineering is surely beneficial because there are jobs in private sector. You can also apply for various Diploma level Government jobs. There are many Government jobs which require 12th qualification and you can surely apply for them also.

If you want to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year then you have to clear LEET with a decent rank. You also have option for AMIE which is also a good option if you want to study while doing a private job.
15th January 2015, 04:41 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Diploma candidates are not eligible to apply for NDA examination, whereas 12th class with Diploma candidates can apply for NDA examination. Yes, to be eligible for NDA (National Defense Academy) examination candidates must have passed 12th class from a recognized university. There is no matter of Diploma qualification to be eligible for NDA exam, and you are eligible for this exam since you have passed 12th class as far as your educational qualification is concerned.

You mentioned that you have passed 12th + Diploma (03 year) course. So based on calculations, your present age would be more than what is required actually. So considering this into mind, you are not eligible to appear for NDA exam. Because the minimum age is 16.5 years and maximum age is 19 years. I think you might have crossed 19 years of age already. And So I suggest you to pursue B.Tech after your 03 year diploma (civil) course. At that time after completion of graduation you can apply for CDS (Combined Defense Service) Examination.
13th April 2015, 06:29 PM
kunalroy89

If you have passed 12th then you are eligible for appearing in NDA.No need for separate diploma or B.Tech to appear for NDA.
The qualification needed for NDA is 12th passed or appearing.You must be in the age limit of 16.5-19years and should be Male.
Check out the website of UPSC to know about upcoming dates to apply for NDA,previous year papers,Physical standards etc in the previous notifications at www.upsc.gov.in

If you want further studies,then it would be better to go for B.Tech after 12th rather than diploma.
If you go for diploma then you will need 3years and for B.tech 4years will be used.So with addition of only 1 year you will get a higher degree and a better job and career prospect than diploma.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?