16th January 2015, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Importance of Junior Research Fellowship for UGC-NET aspirant?

Hi All,

I have some idea abt UGC NET exam. But what is JRF-Junior Research Fellowship? What is the use of it? I have completed M.Com,M.Phil(Commerce). I am planning to appear for NET exam in future. But i am getting confused of this JRF often. Pls provide useful info abt this JRF and its connection with UGC NET?

17th January 2015, 08:41 PM
anair

Default Re: Importance of Junior Research Fellowship for UGC-NET aspirant?

It is good that you already have some knowledge about the NET exam. So you also must be aware that NET is conducted to test the eligibility for college and university level lectureship. Well it is also conducted for award of Junior Research Fellowship.
The candidates who qualify for award of JRF are also eligible for post of Assistant Professor but besides that they are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject.
The eligibility of the candidate will depend on his performance in the 3 papers of NET. However, those candidates who qualify only for Assistant Professor will not be considered eligible for JRF award.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?