20th January 2015, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to prepare for GRE to study in Abroad?

Respected Sir,
I am thinking to give GRE as I want to go abroad......
I am studying in B.Tech 2nd year
so, it is useful to prepare for GRE for doing any course in abroad?????
please let me know immediately

Related Questions:
  1. How much score is needed in GRE to study in Abroad? Pattern of GRE?
  2. Procedure to study in Abroad through GRE?
  3. Latest pattern of GRE question paper? Good books to prepare for GRE? Any additional examination required along with GRE to study abroad?
  4. Can I apply for GRE to pursue M.Tech in Abroad? Importance of GRE?
  5. How to go abroad to study masters programme in USA?
  6. Whether GRE and TOEFL are enough to study MBA in abroad? Procedure to apply, preparation tips and last date to apply for GRE and TOEFL?
  7. When is the right time to start preparing for GRE and TOEFL? Criteria of arrears to study Abroad? Is self study enough?
  8. How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL? I am a B.E ECE student
  9. Can I study M.Tech in Abroad through GRE?
  10. What kind of entrance exam do I have to answer to do MS in Germany?
  11. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  12. How to get scholarship or loan for doing Masters in Abroad after qualifying in GRE?
  13. Can I study M.Tech in Abroad with GRE scorec? Scholarship to study M.Tech in Abroad?
  14. Best book for preparation of GRE for MS?
  15. How to do MS from Abroad after passing B.Tech in electrical/electronics from UPTU? How to prepare for GRE?
  16. Which management course should I take to study in abroad? Will GRE provide me the bulk of courses and scholarships? Percentage required in TYBMS to be applicable for TOEFL, GRE?
  17. How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL for admission in MS programs in USA? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What do I need to do to study abroad after B.E? What does MS and M.Tech mean? Are they different? How is GRE related?
21st January 2015, 08:02 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to prepare for GRE to study in Abroad?

Yes, it will be beneficial if you prepare for GRE examination right from your second year of Graduation degree. GRE score is useful for getting admission in most of the US graduate schools. So, if you appear in GRE examination and score good marks, you can get admission in foreign universities for pursuing your higher studies like MS, M.Tech, etc. So, preparing for GRE examination will help you to score good marks in GRE examination and you can easily get admission in foreign universities for pursuing your higher studies in Abroad.
21st January 2015, 11:46 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is definitely fruitful to prepare for GRE if you want to pursue your further studies abroad after completion of B.Tech course. However, it is useful if you want to go for higher studies in your discipline which means M.S degree. If you want to go for other discipline course like MBA, then you need to go for preparation of other entrance exams- GMAT along with one of the English Proficiency tests among TOEFL and IELTS. However, make sure that you maintain good grades in your B.Tech course, since the academic background is also a parameter of selection during admission in foreign universities.
21st January 2015, 02:01 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you should prepare and complete your GRE exam by the end of your final year, to continue your further education in Aboard. That's because GRE is mandatory requirement to get admission in Master's course at most of the universities. And even you will have a chance to get scholarship, while pursuing your masters, if you can score above 300 marks in GRE exam. So, try to complete your GRE exam as soon as possible and start applying for admission in universities. So, that you can move to aboard immediately, after the completion of your B.Tech degree.
22nd June 2023, 11:41 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Preparing for the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) can be beneficial if you are planning to pursue higher education abroad, especially for graduate programs. Here are some reasons why preparing for the GRE can be advantageous:

Admission Requirements: Many universities, particularly in the United States, require GRE scores as part of the application process for various graduate programs. Achieving a competitive score on the GRE can strengthen your application and increase your chances of being admitted to reputable institutions.

Scholarships and Funding: Some universities and scholarship programs consider GRE scores when awarding scholarships or financial aid. A strong GRE score can enhance your eligibility for merit-based scholarships or assistantship opportunities, which can significantly reduce the financial burden of your education.

Flexibility and Future Opportunities: Preparing for the GRE opens up opportunities for a wide range of graduate programs across different disciplines. Whether you plan to pursue a master's degree in pharmacy, public health, business, or other related fields, a good GRE score provides you with flexibility and options to explore different areas of interest.

Competitive Advantage: Scoring well on the GRE can give you a competitive edge over other applicants. It demonstrates your academic aptitude and readiness for graduate-level studies, making you a more attractive candidate to admissions committees and potential employers.

Standardized Evaluation: The GRE is a standardized test, which means it provides a common benchmark for comparing applicants from different educational backgrounds. It offers universities a standardized metric to assess your verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing skills, helping them evaluate your potential for success in their programs.

However, it's important to note that not all graduate programs or universities require the GRE. Some institutions may have alternative admission criteria or may waive the GRE requirement for certain applicants. It's crucial to research the specific requirements of the programs and universities you are interested in and determine if preparing for the GRE aligns with your educational and career goals.
30th June 2023, 08:56 PM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

Yes, preparing for the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) can be beneficial if you are planning to study abroad. Many universities and graduate programs, especially in the United States, use GRE scores as a part of their admissions process. A good GRE score can enhance your application and increase your chances of being accepted into your desired program. Additionally, studying for the GRE can also help you review important academic concepts and improve your critical thinking skills, which will be valuable during your graduate studies. It is advisable to research the specific requirements of the universities and programs you are interested in to determine if the GRE is necessary and how much weight it carries in the admissions process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?