I'm studying bsc biotechnology 2nd year now I need to write ias exam

21st March 2015, 05:09 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I write IAS exam after studying BSc biotechnology 2nd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Being second year B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) student you are not eligible to sit for the IAS exam.

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Service. If you want to become an IAS officer then, you should have to apply for civil service examination. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

Candidates who have completed at least their graduation from any disciplines (minimum course duration 3 years) can apply for this exam.

Final year candidates are also eligible to sit for this exam.

Age Criteria:
  • Minimum age 21 years.
  • Maximum age 30 years.

Relaxation on upper age:
  • For OBC category candidates +3 years.
  • For SC/ST category candidates +5 years.
  • PH category candidates +10 years.
So, wait for the next year when you will be in your last year of B.Sc then you become eligible to sit for this exam.
21st March 2015, 08:23 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

IAS exam stands for Indian Administrative Service which is conducted by UPSC.
Candidates studying 2nd year in B.Sc Biotechnology are not eligible for IAS exam.

To apply IAS exam, you should be graduate at least.

The essential qualification for the examination is to pass the Bachelor degree at any recognized university in any discipline. There is no need of percentage to your academic year.The age limit for the examination is 21-30 years. Age relaxation is 03 years for OBC and 05 years for SC/ST candidates. The number of chances for the UPSC examination for the UR is 04 attempts and 07 attempts for OBC and unlimited attempts till the last upper age for SC/ST candidates. So don't worry for appearing
21st March 2015, 08:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S is the acronym for Indian Administrative Services. Let me tell you that there is no such I.A.S exam. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil services exam for the different services like:

>>Indian Administrative Services.

>>Indian Police Services.

>>Indian Revenue services etc.

In order to become eligible for Civil services exam, you need to meet the following requirements:

1. The minimum academic qualification required for appearing in Civil Services exam is graduation from any recognized university of India. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree are also eligible.

As you are in second year of B.SC, you are not eligible as per rules and regulations of UPSC. You will have to wait for two more years in order to become eligible.

2. Age criteria: 21-30 years for general category candidates with three years and five years age relaxation in upper age limit to OBC and SC/ST candidates.

Examination Pattern:

Stage I : Preliminary Exam- It is of qualifying nature. You need to qualify this stage to become eligible for next one.

Stage II: Mains Exams

Stage III: Personal Interview.

Rank is decided on the basis of performance in Mains and interview.

Preparation Tips:

Since you are in second year, you have ample time to prepare for the exam. It is one of the toughest entrance exams of India. Lakhs of candidates appear for 800-1000 posts.

So, it needs consistent hard labour along with strong determination, dedication towards your goal.

>>You can start reading the basics right from now. Go for the NCERT books of social studies and science from class sixth to 12th.

>>Make a habit of reading newspaper, prefer 'The Hindu'.

>>Solve Aptitude problems, work on English Grammar etc.
21st March 2015, 08:40 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. If you want to become an IAS officer then, you have to apply for the Civil Service Examination, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year.

Civil service exam is conducted in two phases namely:
Preliminary exam and
Main Exam

Eligibility:

You should have completed at least their bachelor degree in any discipline from the recognized university.

Final year candidates can also apply for this examination.

Your age should be minimum 21 years. And it should not exist 30 years in case of general category.

Age relaxation applicable for reserved category up to 3 years of Other Backward Class and up to 5 years for SC/ST.

You must be an indian national.

Attempt Limit:

General category - minimum 4 attempts
OBC category - minimum 7 attempts
SC/ST category - No limit

So, you can start your preparation now and you can apply for this exam during your final year.

Hope I have helped you.

Thank you.
21st March 2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The IAS exam can be taken when complete your graduation degree. You can apply in your last year of degree.
As mentioned, currently you are in 2nd year, so you can take the IAS exam next year onwards.
The age limit is 21 to 30 years for general candidates.
There is a relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

The exam consists of Pre, Mains and Interview.
The Pre comprises of CSAT (aptitude) and GS (general studies.)

If you qualify the pre, you will be writing the mains exam i.e. subjective paper where you have to take one optional subject of your choice. The mains comprises of GS papers, Essay, Ethics and Optional subject's paper.
Then there is a personal interview for the selected candidates.
21st March 2015, 11:02 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hello Friend,

IAS(Indian Administrative Service) is conducted by UPSC.

You are not eligible to appear in IAS examination yet as you have not completed your bachelor's degree.

To become eligible for IAS you have to complete your Bachelor's degree.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:- Bachelor's Degree.

AGE LIMIT: 21 to 30 Years.33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST

RELIGION: Indian

MAXIMUM ATTEMPTS: 3 for General,5 for OBC,No limit for SC/ST.

SECTION PROCESS IN IAS:

1. Preliminary Examination.

2. Final Examination.

3. Personal Interview.

Good Luck.
21st March 2015, 11:14 PM
unique99

This is not possible,after studying BSC biotechnology 2nd year you can not write IAS examination.Because it violates UPSC rules.

IAS Eligibility:-

1.A final year Graduate or a Graduate from the recognized University can write IAS exam.

2.UPSC conduct's IAS entrance examination every year.

3.Age: General:21-30 years, OBC: 21-33 years S/C S/T: 21-35 years.

4.Attempts: General: get 7 chances, OBC:-Get 9 chances S/C S/T:NO limit.

Candidates to clear: 1.Prelim.(CSAT)2,MAIN EXAM. 3.Interview to get short listed.
21st March 2015, 11:19 PM
pabolu srivalli

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services which is one of the Civil services examinations conducted by the UPSC in all over the India,as if now you were in the 2nd year of the bachelor degree course and you need to complete your degree first in order to appear for the IAS recruitment.

So first complete your Graduate degree course and then appear for the IAS recruitment through the UPSC services.

some of the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination are.
  1. candidates should have attained at least 21 years and should not exceed 30 years of age limit
  2. Should have to possess any under graduate degree course whether it was of 3 or 4 years of study
  3. Should complete degree from any of the recognized institute of study
  4. should belong to the Citizen of India only.
These are the minimum eligibility required in order to appear for the IAS recruitment

After completing your Graduate degree course appear for the IAS examination through the UPSC board which will be conducted every year for the candidates and the selection process take place in three rounds such as the
  1. Preliminary examination
  2. Mains Examination
  3. Interview
22nd March 2015, 12:42 AM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

In second year of B.Sc, you are not eligible to write IAS exams. You can appear for IAS exam in final year, provided that you have to produce your graduation degree at the time of Main Examination.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. To become IAS, candidate have to apply for Civil Service Exam. Civil Service Exam is conducted by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) once a year.

Education Qualification :Candidate must have complete his/her graduation degree from any recognised university in any stream. Final year students can also apply for the exam, but they have to show their graduation degree at the time of Main Examination. There is no minimum percentage criteria.

Nationality : For the post in Indian Administrative Services, candidate must be citizen of India.

Age Limit :

Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is also provided to reserved category as per government norms. Age relaxation is as follows :

OBC candidate : 3 years
SC/ST Candidates : 5 years
Physically Handicapped candidates : 10 years

Number of Attempts :

For General Candidates : 4
For OBC candidates : 7
For SC/ST candidates : Unlimited

Selection Procedure :

There are three stages in Civil Service Exam.

Preliminary Stage
Main Examination
Interview

For more details just go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
22nd March 2015, 08:10 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

eEligible to seat unless you have completed your graduation . IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE and to join this no seprate examination is taken.you have to go for the Civil Services examination conducted by. UPSCand is one of the toughest examination in India.

The examination are taken in three stages you have to qualify in all the stages.

Preliminary
Mains.
Interview.

Only the toppers of selected students upto 120 ranks are able to go for IAS and rest have take go in IPS;IFS etc.

Since you are in 2nd year I will suggest you to start preparing for it from now only and must keep attention on current situation of the world about the crisis and all other major factors.

The candidate age must be between 21-30 years for general students and there is relaxation for other category students
19th January 2021, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

After pursuing 3years of bachelor's degree from bsc biotechnology am i eligible to appear for upsc civil services exam or do we must complete 4years of bachelor's degree
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?