23rd January 2015, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Whether GATE is mandatory for admission in PhD course at IISC, Bangalore?

hello
i have done my Mtech in ECE from JNTU.
I want to do phd in IISC bangalore .
What is the procedure to get into .
I did Mtech through NON-GATE,
do i have still chance to do phd or GATE score is mandatory.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it mandatory to appear for the entrance exam of Ph.D? I want to take admission for Ph.D in IISC
  2. How to enroll for PhD at IISC Bangalore? Entrance exam and stipend?
  3. Admission process for Ph.D from IISC, Bangalore after 97 or above percentile in GATE?
  4. Am I eligible to do Integrated Ph.d course after doing B.E in Electronics and Communication 5 years back? Do I need to attend GATE or IISC exam?
  5. How to go for integrated Ph.D program in microbiology and Cell Biology from IISC Bangalore
  6. Can I apply for Integrated Ph.D programme in IISC, Bangalore if completed B.E. in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering?
  7. Procedure and formalities of doing PhD in IISc Bangalore?
  8. How can I study Ph.D in IISC, Bangalore being MDS doctor?
  9. Date of sale of forms for admission in IISC Bangalore for Ph.D in Biological Science? Syllabus of the entrance exam?
  10. What is the procedure to pursue Ph.D in IIT Chennai and IISC Bangalore?
  11. Can I get admission in IISC Bangalore after completing 5 years degree?
  12. How can I get admission in IISC, IIT or NIT for Integrated Ph.D programme? Which entrance exam is available for it other than GATE?
  13. Criteria for joining integrated phd (astro physics)? Colleges for integrated phd (astro physics) in Bangalore? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Details of entrance exams for integrated phd programs in IISC bangalore and Institute of virology pune
  15. Is there any separate entrance test for admission in M.E. in IISc? Can I get admission in IISc on the basis of GATE score?
  16. How to do Ph.D in reputed university after doing MCA? Is NET/GATE score mandatory for Ph.D?
  17. Paper publication is mandatory for PhD Abroad? Whether it would be mandatory to do MS before PhD?
  18. Eligibility for a BE to attend Integrated PhD program at IISc Bangalore? Which exam to write for it?
6th October 2015, 09:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether GATE is mandatory for admission in PhD course at IISC, Bangalore?

IISC Bangalore is one of the prestigious institute and you need to have a very good academic record. Candidates with excellent GATE/NET/JRF score have greater chance of admission due to high level of competition.

Even those who have research experience have great chance of admission. Also, performance in the interview will be crucial for selection. Therefore, you can apply for admission but chance will be low due to so many GATE qualified candidates applying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?