30th January 2015, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after completing MS?

Hello Everyone,

I am Sushil from Chennai. I have done my 10th and then I did my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and joined my Job. As I was working on computers I wanted to pursue a higher degree in Computer field. So after 14 years I attempted to do higher studies and joined MS in Software Design and Engineering. I have successfully completed my course and yet to get my certificates in my hand. Now Can I do my PhD in Computer Science / Information Technology ?

1) What are the options if I want to do my PhD in India?

2) Can I get a part Time PhD admission, so that I am financially not challenged?

3) Can I get admissions for PhD in abroad? If yes, then what is the procedures.

Thank you all in advance for answering my queries.

8th April 2015, 11:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after completing MS?

Master's degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized University in relevant discipline is the required qualification for getting admission in a Ph.D program in India. If you have done M.S in Computer Science/IT then you are surely eligible for admission.

Most of the Universities give admission on the basis of entrance exam and interview. If you have got at NET/SLET/GATE/JRR qualification then you can apply for direct interview for Ph.D admission. Most of the Universities in India offer part time Ph.D admission and you can apply when the notification is released.
10th April 2015, 12:01 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am Sushil from Chennai. I have done my 10th and then I did my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and joined my Job. As I was working on computers I wanted to pursue a higher degree in Computer field. So after 14 years I attempted to do higher studies and joined MS in Software Design and Engineering. I have successfully completed my course and yet to get my certificates in my hand. Now Can I do my PhD in Computer Science / Information Technology ?

1) What are the options if I want to do my PhD in India?

2) Can I get a part Time PhD admission, so that I am financially not challenged?

3) Can I get admissions for PhD in abroad? If yes, then what is the procedures.

Thank you all in advance for answering my queries.
Yes, you are applicable for Ph.D in Computer science.

IITs are considered to be most prestigious institutions in india for technical education. IITs offer B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech/., and Ph.D courses.

To join Ph.D at top research institutes in India, you must concentrate on GATE or UGC NET exam.

GATE is held by IIT, once in a year. It is considered to be the most toughest engineering entrance exams held in india.

UGC NET exam is held by UGC twice in a year for lectureship and Ph.D admission as well.
5th July 2018, 12:44 PM
muskaan_

Dear student,
Well, yes after masters, you can do a PHd in computer science.

Ph.D. (Computer Science Engineering) [Full Time]
Duration : Minimum 3 yrs.

Eligibility Criteria
Master’s degree with 55% marks.

If the eligibility is clear then you can do a PHd.

Following are the best educational places for you:

Top Universities in India
Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
Lovely Professional University, Punjab
Christ University, Cochin
University of Science and Technology, Kochi
Assam Don Bosco University, Guwahati
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
St. Xavier's College, Kolkata
Andhra University Faculty of Science, Andra Pradesh
Loyola College, Kanpur

Good Luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?