5th February 2015, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Will my 12th percentage affect my campus placement?

Sir/Mam,

I have got nit,trichy through aieee exam in my 3rd attempt in cse branch,i have got 83.4% in class 10th bt somehow by my mistake i have got 59.4% in class 12th,i only want to know that does my 12th percentage nd 2 year gap will affect my campus placement...pls reply soon

Related Questions:
  1. Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placement? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 56.8% in 12th?
  3. What's percentage of 12th std is required in campus placement? I've secured 51% marks in 12th
  4. Will I be eligible for campus placement if I got less than 60% in 12th?
  5. Whether the 12th percentage and compartment certificate will affect at the time of placement? Should I repeat 12th instead of giving compartmental exam?
  6. Is 12th low percentage a problem during campus recruitment after B.Tech?
  7. Will I get job in campus interview if I have less than 65% marks in 10th and 12th?
  8. Will 59.33% in 12th affect my placement in any way? Which all companies should I try?
  9. Can one appear for TCS interview within 6 months(probation period)?
  10. Will 72% in 10th, 54% in 12th affect my placement?
  11. How will a backlog in 7th semester affect my placement?
  12. Am I eligible for Campus Placement of Infosys having secured 58% in 10th and 70% upto 3rd year of B.Tech?
  13. If I get a drop of 1 year in 2nd year in engineering then will it affect my career? Will I get a chance for campus placement?
  14. Qualification required for off-campus placement in HCL for B.Tech final year student?
  15. Can I take 2 years gap between B.Tech after 2nd year? Will it affect the campus placement in college
  16. Am I eligible for campus placement after scoring 86% in 10th, 81% in 12th and 60% in all semester
  17. Am I eligible for campus placement with 80% marks in MCA?
  18. IT companies on-campus hiring B.Sc students with 58% marks and 60% marks in 10th and 12th standard?
7th February 2015, 09:16 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will my 12th percentage affect my campus placement?

Yes, it can affect your campus placement. This is because you are studying in NIT which is concerned one of the best colleges of India bearing good students. So your career record is not bright in that scenario. Moreover, you have two years gap. There are many companies which have the eligibility criteria of 60% in the entire career and not more than one year gap in education. So you will be ineligible in those companies. However, there is nothing to lose hope since there are companies which recruits without considering such criteria and recruit only on the present performance during the recruitment process. So prepare well and give your best when you get opportunity.
13th February 2015, 04:44 PM
praddy11
Junior Member+

Not much , BUt you should have 1st class in your 12th std,
That is 60% and more to get placed in campus .
31st March 2016, 10:37 PM
work@home

Percentage of mark scored in Academic levels including 10th, 12th, Graduation are all important for getting a good job in a MNC. Most MNC's prefer above 60% scores as their basic cutoff. Though you have scored a good mark in your graduation and your matriculation marks are not that well it will be questioned. Even your mark levels if they are in a linear growth, or varied or decreasing, it is easy to evaluate about you that how your concentration or punctuality in studies are going on.

Year gaps are also not allowed in most companies unless there is a genuine reason such as medical treatment in that case you must have a medical certificate.
Aptitude test and technical/personal interview can evaluate your abilities as well with your academic levels which shows how consistent your abilities are. So they are kept as a hurdle.

Don't feel regret of your past. You can achieve a good career even from earning experience from a lot of other companies who would negotiate on papers but concentric on skills.
26th August 2016, 07:19 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

Yes, marks in 12th standard will effect you during campus recruitment. Most of the leading companies ask for 60% to 70% marks throughout your academic career. That means you must have good percentage of marks in your 10th, 12th and in graduation.

So if you don't have 60% marks in your 12th standard you are going to miss some leading companies. But don't be upset. There are several other companies as well like start up companies who doesn't require 60% marks throughout your academic career.

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?