8th February 2015, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?

Hi,

I am student of M.Sc.Microbioly final year, I want to do phd in microbioloy, but my percentage in B.Sc.-52% nd in M.Sc.-74%

So, tell me i am eligible for doing phd program or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges for doing Integrated phd in microbiology or MSc medical microbiology along with Phd? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to study PhD in Microbiology with ICAR NET certificate?
  3. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  4. Part time PhD Marine Microbiology offering colleges in India?
  5. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  6. Institutes and admission procedure for PhD in Microbiology?
  7. Process to get admission for Ph.D course?
  8. List of universities offering PhD in Environmental Microbiology?
  9. Is there any vacancy present in a good company to do PhD in Microbiology?
  10. Duration of PhD in Microbiology at CCMB or other universities? Can CSIR be clared in 6 months?
  11. Colleges where integrated PhD in Microbiology is offered? Their entrance exams for admission?
  12. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  13. Possibility to persue M.Sc microbiology plus Phd in environmental microbiology or microbiology after B.Tech Biotechnology and gained experience as an RA in Solid waste management
  14. PhD Microbiology without GRE in USA?
  15. PhD research topics in Microbiology?
  16. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Microbiology or Ph.D in Medical Microbiology through distance learning?
  17. Which is better to take M.Phil or Ph.D after completing M.Sc in Applied Microbiology?
  18. List of colleges and procedure to apply for part time PhD in Marine Microbiology?
8th February 2015, 08:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?

You have got M.Sc Microbiology qualification with above 55% marks and you are definitely eligible for Ph.D admission if you have completed your Degree from a recognized University. You have to appear for entrance exam and interview for getting admission in a Ph.D program.

If you have passed NET/SLET/JRF then you will be exempted from entrance exam and can apply for Ph.D admission directly. Candidates who have M.Phil or a teaching fellowship are also exempted from entrance exam.
8th February 2015, 08:36 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I am student of M.Sc.Microbioly final year, I want to do phd in microbioloy, but my percentage in B.Sc.-52% nd in M.Sc.-74%

So, tell me I am eligible for doing PhD program or not?
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for a PhD in Microbiology after completing M.Sc with 74% marks. Those candidates who have completed a Master degree in relevant specialization with 55% of marks from a recognized university are eligible.

To pursue a PhD degree in Microbiology, you should have the Post Graduate degree in Microbiology with not less than 55% of marks from a recognized university. There is no age limit for doing a PhD degree in Microbiology.

The admission into this program is totally dependent on the marks acquired in Master degree and entrance exam conducted by the respective university. Those candidates who have already qualified UGC NET exam can directly eligible to apply for the PhD program.

APPLICATION PROCESS:

Application for admission should be made in the prescribed form which can be obtained from

-From respective college counter office.
-By Post sending a Demand Draft with a requisition letter.
-Downloading application from the respective official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?