9th February 2015, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

How to get a Government job with my Mechanical Engineering degree?

What will i do other than btech degree in mechanical engineering to get a government job?

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities in government sector after passing B.E mechanical engineering?
  2. Engineering colleges where external degree courses are running in mechanical engineering?
  3. How to get a government job after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. How to get a job in government after completing degree? I am a 2nd year mechanical student
  5. How to get a government job after passing mechanical engineering with 75% aggregate
  6. How to go for government job after completing B.E in mechanical engineering?
  7. Whether ME degree is necessary for Lecturer job in government engineering college?
  8. How to join government job after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. How to get a good government job after B.E in mechanical engineering?
  10. Can I get a government or private job after passing Mechanical engineering with 77% and 12th with 70.8%
  11. Which courses I have to do while doing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in order to get a Government Job? Which exams do I need to answer?
  12. What are the jobs available in government sector for mechanical engineering candidate? -- [New]
  13. Information regarding Government Job Opportunities for Mechanical Engineering candidates?
  14. Career and placements in mechanical engineering?
  15. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  16. WHICH IS BETTER B. Arch (Architecture) or B. Tech (Civil/ Mechanical engineering) ? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to take MS/M.Tech in Nanotechnology after completing degree course in B.E Mechanical
  18. Is it possible to do a government job and also do a degree in parallel?
10th February 2015, 10:48 PM
smithapriya

Default Re: How to get a Government job with my Mechanical Engineering degree?

Not necessary. You have lot of job opportunities in the government sector for this degree.

Central government jobs:

• BSNL,
• BHEL,
• SAIL,
• Indian Railways,
• Indian Army,
• Indian Navy,
• Indian Airforce,
• Indian Airlines,
• Air India,
• NTPC,
• MTNL,
• BEL,etc.

For the work position as:

• Assistant Engineers,
• Assistant Executive Engineers,
• Superintendent Engineers,
• Junior Chemical and
• Metallurgical Assistant ,
• Lab Assistant Gr. III (Mechanical) etc.

Any job you can write an examination, based on that post and selected candidates can call for an interview.
13th February 2015, 11:19 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

To get a govt job, you can do B.Tech in following streams viz. Electrical, ECE, Mechanical, & Civil.
There are lots of govt job opportunities in these fields. Choose one branch of your interest.
Nowadays, PSUs recruit through GATE exam which you can attempt once you complete your B.Tech degree.
You can appear for SSC Junior engineer exam as well.
15th April 2015, 08:36 PM
Ashwakh

You no need to continue your studies to get a job in Government sector. Your b.tech in mechanical branch is morethan enough for you to get good government job.

~ You can apply for the Technical post in the companiesl like ,

ntpc
ongc
sail
bhel
gail
bsnl ,etc.

You shouldhave secured morethan 65% in b.tech , to apply for the entrance exam in these companies .

** To get a job in these companie s, you shouldbe well prepared in all your Core subjects.

~~ If you want to join in Defence services through cds exam , then you shouldbe well prepared in all the following topics.

general english
general knowledge
elementary maths
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?