12th February 2015, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study MCA being a BA graduate from Open University? Percentage required in BA and PGDCA to get admission in MCA?

Hello
I have completed BA in open university of Mysore
and now i want to continue with MCA, is it possible to do??
or PGDCA is needed for MCA??
and what is percentage required in BA and PGDCA for MCA..
plz reply

20th February 2015, 12:41 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MCA being a BA graduate from Open University? Percentage required in BA and PGDCA to get admission in MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I have completed BA in open university of Mysore
and now i want to continue with MCA, is it possible to do??
or PGDCA is needed for MCA??
and what is percentage required in BA and PGDCA for MCA..
plz reply
Sorry that you are not eligible for MCA after completing BA. Applicants required to study Mathematics subject in 12th standard to eligible for MCA. Since, you belong from Arts group so you are not eligible for MCA.

MCA is a Master degree in Computer Application have a course duration of 3 years, which is divided into six semesters.

A student is considered eligible for the MCA course, if the applicants have passed any graduation course with Mathematics as a main subject from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks. Those candidates who have completed B. Tech or B.E can also apply. There is no minimum age limit.

If you want to develop your career after completing BA then you can go with Master of Business Administration (MBA) which is related to Business and Management. There is good scope for MBA in both the Government and Public sectors as well.

Career Options After Completing BA:

-Master of Arts (M.A)
-Master of Commerce (M.Com)
-Master of Business Administration (M.Com)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?