14th February 2015, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary if secured 6 CGPA in 10th CBSE?

Hi

I am interested to pursue science
in 11th-12th Higher Secondary at Mumbai.
In CBSE 10th , I just got CGPA score of 6.
so I have a chance of admission?
Kindly advice?

Related Questions:
  1. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to study Science in Higher Secondary?
  2. Which board to choose among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study Higher Secondary Education with Science?
  3. Admission in 11th Science in CBSE School for NDA aspirant who has secured 6.74 CGPA in 10th standard?
  4. CBSE or State Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  5. How can I get scholarship if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  6. List of Higher Secondary Science schools in Chennai which offer admission for a candidate who secured below 60% in 10th Board exam?
  7. Scholarship for a candidate who has secured 10 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  8. Is there any scholarship for Higher Secondary?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for CBSE Scholarship if secured 7.11 CGPA IN 10th standard?
  10. Compulsory and optional subjects enlisted in Science of CBSE Board Higher Secondary Education?
  11. How to do forensic science after clearing higher secondary with 70%
  12. Am I eligible to apply for CBSE scholarship if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th standard?
  13. Is there any scholarship to continue Higher Secondary studies?
  14. Is there any foreign scholarship programme for 10th student?
  15. Scholarship for a candidate who has secured 10 CGPA in 10th CBSE Board exam?
  16. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  17. What can I do after passing CBSE in 10th board? My CGPA is 5.8 -- [Most Discussed]
  18. List of CBSE affiliated Higher Secondary Science schools in Thane -- [New]
16th February 2015, 04:37 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary if secured 6 CGPA in 10th CBSE?

Yes, you can get admission in 11th standard in science stream, even if you have secured only 6 CGPA in your 10th standard. That's because the process of getting admission in 11th standard is not entirely based on CGPA, only some top schools will offer admissions by considering CGPA of students. And there are many schools in Mumbai, which are offering admissions even for the students, who have only 5 CGPA in their 10th standard. So, there is no need to worry, you will definitely get admission in science stream in your 11th standard.
16th February 2015, 07:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary if secured 6 CGPA in 10th CBSE?

Yes, you can get admission in Higher Secondary Science stream at Mumbai after completion of your 10th standard with 6 CGPA from CBSE Board. You have scored average CGPA in your 10th standard, so, there is less chance of getting admission in H.S Science stream in top schools. You can get admission in H.S Science stream only in schools which offer admissions to candidates who have secured 6 CGPA in their 10th standard from CBSE Board.
16th February 2015, 08:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue 11th and 12th classes (Higher Secondary Classes) in CBSE Higher Secondary Schools in Mumbai with 6.0 CGPA. You must have obtained at least "C1 Grade" in Mathematics subject, at least C1 Grade in Science subjects, an average grade point of 6.5 in Mathematics and Science when taken together. Apart from this, you must have secured minimum of 6 CGPA for getting admissions in CBSE 11th and 12th classes. Since you have CGPA score of 6 at your 10th class level, of course yes you are eligible to pursue 11th and 12th classes in CBSE Higher Secondary Schools.

List of CBSE Higher Secondary Science Schools in Mumbai:

>> Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, Mumbai
Ph. No: 022-25722328
Address: IIT Campus, Powai Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400076
http://www.kvsromumbai.gov.in

>> Orchids International School
Click here for Mumbai Branches
http://www.orchidsinternationalschool.com

>> Cambridge School
Address: Ceaser Road, Amboli, Andheri, Bear Sai Baba Temple, Borivali West, Mumbai-400092

>> DAV International School, Mulund West
Ph. No: +91-22-25600011
Address: Vikas Paradise LBS Marg, Bhakti Marg, Mulund West, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400080
http://davmulund.in

>> Campion School
Ph. No: 022-2020575
Address: 13 Cooperage Road, Fort, Mumbai-400001
http://www.campionschool.in
16th February 2015, 11:32 PM
anair

Yes it is possible to get admission with 6 CGPA. However, I should let you know that getting admission won't be very easy. Admission to top schools will be difficult as they prefer high scoring students. But some big schools do admit students with a minimum CGPA of 6, which you have. So you will need to enquire a little. Approach different schools in your area. Some schools ask for some donation money. If you are ready to shell out some extra cash then it is very much possible to get an admission. Some schools won't even ask that if there are some extra seats available.
15th August 2018, 07:07 PM
prithviraj yadav

Yes you can opt science with 6 cgpa but it's depend on your school criteria whether they allow or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?