18th May 2011, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

What is the percentage required in 10th standard so that I can take admission in best Civil Engineering Colleges after 10th standard?

can u tell wat is the percentage required in civil engenerring so that i can take admission in best civil engenerring college after 10th std

19th May 2011, 06:21 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage required in 10th standard so that I can take admission in best Civil Engineering Colleges after 10th standard?

To begin with you cannot go in for the engineering after your 10th. You need to be 12th pass or diploma holder. If you choose to do 12th then make sure you opt for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. If you choose diploma then choose from the technical course. For either of the courses make sure that you select an institute which has AICTE recognition.
21st May 2011, 07:13 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the percentage required in 10th standard so that I can take admission in best Civil Engineering Colleges after 10th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can u tell wat is the percentage required in civil engenerring so that i can take admission in best civil engenerring college after 10th std
There's no direct relation between 10th marks and your civil engineering seat.but is good to have a percentage in between 60-70 so that in future at the time of placements you will not face any problem

So to get a seat of Civil engineering in a good college all you need is clear your 12th board exams and give one or two all india entrances like AIEEE and JEE

then get a good rank in it then definitely you'll get placed in a good college with your desired seat i.e., civil engineering nowhere in this process you require the 10th marks

just for the eligibility to enter into 11th you need to have a eligible percentage in 10th and for eligibility for seat you should have a good percentage in your intermediate this is all required to get a seat no need of distinction percentage in 10th or 12th just an eligible percentage with good
subject knowledge is more than enough

this is the procedure to get a seat of Civil Engineering in a good college

Regards

~AdityA~
21st May 2011, 08:07 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the percentage required in 10th standard so that I can take admission in best Civil Engineering Colleges after 10th standard?

There is no requirement of 10th marks in any engineering exam, only your 12th marks will be the eligible criteria.
But it would be better to have atleast 80% in 10th , so that dont face any hurdle in interview, but still it doesnt matter much.
You should have atleast 60% in 12th to be eligible for AIEEE, IITJEE.
For BITSAT , 80% in PCM is required.
21st May 2011, 09:05 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
There is no need of 10 class percentage to take admission in enng collage ,you should have percentage in class 12 th ,by seeng this you can get addmission in good collage
21st May 2011, 09:19 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Your high school examination percentage will be deciding one to get admission in engineering college (for direct entry.)
you can get prestigious civil engineering college, after qualifying AIEEE, PET, IIT etc.
So secondary school exam percentage are not, so influential for your admission in college.
Ok.
21st May 2011, 09:52 PM
vnr0001

Estimation of time series regression using GLS............
21st May 2011, 09:57 PM
vnr0001

How to generate a bounded random correlation matrix?
22nd May 2011, 12:15 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for Engineering Degree programmes BE/B-Tech is to be 10+2 passout with PCM as qualifying subjects. So you need to continue your studies atleast upto 10+2 standard. After that you would be eligible to appear in Engineering Entrance examination to get seat in reputed engineering collage.
22nd May 2011, 03:17 PM
npngpt

My Friend, Civil Engineering Colleges don't require your 10th class %age for admission,only your 12th class percentage matters which should be atlest 60% to be eligible for AIEEE, IITJEE and 80% for BISTAT.
14th July 2011, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

what is in civil engineering? nd what kind of subject in this course?
23rd July 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

After councelling what can i do???
1st August 2011, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

wts da minimun % to join in engine\ering...............
16th December 2011, 12:06 AM
tuntunia

Your high school examination percentage will be deciding one to get admission in engineering college (for direct entry.)
you can get prestigious civil engineering college, after qualifying AIEEE, PET, IIT etc.
So secondary school exam percentage are not, so influential for your admission in college.
Ok.
24th December 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

if i get percentage between 60 to 70 in my 10th can i become an IAS OFFICER?
1st April 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir I m faizan, I want to ask u i clear mi 10th class 2009-2010. So, wat i do?
23rd April 2012, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

when i got bi grade in semester one then got A2 IN SEMESTER 2 WHICH grade i pass
24th June 2013, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

What degree can take after 12 to became a civil engineer
24th June 2013, 11:43 AM
Winning Spirit

Dear Friend,

* It is not possible to obtain admission in an Engineering College after your 10th standard.

* The two ways to enter the same are as follows,

* The first is to pass your 12th standard examination with a cut off of around 195 on 200 scale to enter the top institutions.

* The second way is that you can do your diploma in civil stream after your 10th standard and with the score obtained in your civil diploma degree you will have to join engineering colleges, 2nd year directly through lateral entry scheme.

* Best wishes :-)
24th June 2013, 04:55 PM
Vamshi.Kothari

hiiiiiiii,
there is no relation with 10 to get admission in civil engineering colleges

after 10th u have to complete ur intermediate with science stream

its better if u take MPC (maths,physics,chemistry) and get good %

List of Civil Engineering Entrance Exams

Graduate level

The graduate level entrance exams are as follows:
  • All India Common Entrance Test (AICET)
  • All India Engineering Entrance Exams (AIEEE)
  • Amrita Schools of Engineering BTech Entrance Exam
  • Annamalai University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • BS Abdur Rahman University Engineering Entrance Examination
  • Bharath University Engineering Entrance Exam (BIHER)
  • Bharati Vidyapeeth Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Birla Institute of Technology and Science Examination
  • Birla Institute of Technology and Science Examination (BITSAT)
  • COMEDK Undergraduate Entrance Test
  • Delhi University Combined Entrance Examination
  • EAMCET (Engineering, Agriculture and Medicine Common Entrance Test)
  • Goa Common Entrance Test (CET)
  • Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IIT JEE)
  • Jamia Milia Islamia (JMI) Entrance Exam
  • Jawaharlal Nehru University Engineering Entrance Exam (JNU EEE)
  • Madhya Pradesh Pre Engineering Test (MP PET)
  • National Institute of Technology
  • Orissa Joint Entrance Exam (JEE)
  • Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test
  • SRM University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examination (TNPCEE)
  • Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam

and then choose any of the entrance exam and then u will be selected through counselling

all the best
2nd January 2016, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir, actually am interested in becoming a Civil Engineer(governmental) ,so what should I do after completing my 10th std ....Please tell me the procedure in detail.....and which college is best for civil engineering.....
.................................................. ..........Mohanish patil
8th August 2020, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
when i got bi grade in semester one then got A2 IN SEMESTER 2 WHICH grade i pass
Sir my percentage is 50 so got admission in government collage in diploma in civil engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?