21st February 2015, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD if pursuing 2nd year of M.Sc(Physics)?

Respected sir,
I am Msc in Physics candidate.
I am studying in 2nd year now
After my Msc I want to do PhD
So am I eligible?
waiting for your reply

26th February 2015, 06:26 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD if pursuing 2nd year of M.Sc(Physics)?

Yes, You are certainly eligible to apply for Ph.D course being a 2nd year M.Sc (Physics) post graduate. M.Sc (Physics) is a two year course which can be done after completion of Bachelor Degree(B.E/B.Tech/ B.Sc) in combination of any of the following streams namely, Electronics Science, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.

Minimum Educational Qualification required to do Ph.D :

>> Candidates who have completed Masters' Degree in relevant field from a recognized university are eligible to apply.

>> Candidates who are pursuing final year of qualifying degree are also eligible to apply for Ph.D course.

>> Since you are a final year graduate (M.Sc Physics), you are eligible to apply for Entrance Exams (for Ph.D course) but not to pursue Ph.D course now. Good to say that there is no particular age limit required to be eligible.

>> You must have secured minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying degree to be eligible for Ph.D course.

>> You can pursue Ph.D by giving prestigious examinations such as GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) and NET (National Eligibility Test), and JRFs (Junior Research Fellowship).

>> I suggest you to apply for both NET, and GATE Examinations to pursue PhD course, since some universities require NET Score and some universities require GATE score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?