23rd February 2015, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS Officer being a 9th student? Detailed information about IAS?

Hello
I am akhil drom class 9th from k.v. no.1 Gwalior school.
i want to become an ias officer
so please tell me what can i do for become an ias officer.
and give me all the details of this IAS............

27th February 2015, 11:16 PM
smithapriya

Default Re: How can I become an IAS Officer being a 9th student? Detailed information about IAS?

Nice to see that you are taking efforts in achieving your dream.

IAS exam is the nationwide competitive examinations in India conducted by the UPSC for recruitment to the various civil service of the Government of India.

The eligibility criteria is that candidate should be a Graduate or pursued degree in any discipline from any recognized university in India and final year students can apply.

Minimum of 21 years to maximum of 30 years on 1st august of the year of the examination.

The examination process consists of three stages, namely preliminary examination, main examination and personality test.
In order to become an IAS officer you need to concentrate more on the quantitative aptitude, English reasoning, logical thinking, general awareness and current affairs.
You start referring to the following books:
  • Arihant objective general science
  • GK & Current affairs by Khanna and Verma
  • Ramesh Intelligent test and mental ability test by RPH Editorial board
20th March 2015, 03:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I become an IAS Officer being a 9th student? Detailed information about IAS?

But which stream i shd take in 11 to be an IAS and how many yrs does it take to be graduated??
21st March 2015, 11:26 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear I think it is a nice decision you have taken since from the initial stage of your education it will be helpful to set a goal in front you. And coming to the information about IAS , it is the exam under UPSC .UPSC conducts the Civil's Examination every year in the month of August .According to the Score and rank in the entire examination candidates will be selected.

But I think ,you must more concentrate on your academics first and there by you can get a clear idea about year career .Any ways here we are providing you the detailed information about the IAS examination.

Eligibility for the Civil's Examination :

1.You should complete the graduation in any discipline or any equivalent examination from a recognized university.

2.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years .

you can take any stream in your 10+2 and there is no problem at all.But if you are interested at maths then take MPC in your 10+2.
22nd March 2015, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

i have complete my intermediate which option and which job i can get on my qualification
22nd March 2015, 04:15 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I am akhil drom class 9th from k.v. no.1 Gwalior school.
i want to become an ias officer
so please tell me what can i do for become an ias officer.
and give me all the details of this IAS............

IAS (Indian Administrative Service) is a part of Indian Civil Services and for joining this post you need to write the IAS Exam conducted by UPSC.

There is a procedure for applying for the IAS exam. You need to satisfy the eligibility criteria framed by UPSC which includes:
  1. Nationality
  2. Age limit
  3. Education Qualification

>> First of all you need to have a Citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard.

>> Age limit needed for General category candidate is 21-30 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years and for SC/ST it is 21-35 years.

>> Educational qualification needed is, candidate should have completed a Degree in any stream of education from a recognized university.

When comparing with your qualification, you are way back behind as you are just doing your 9th standard of education. You can prepare yourself to apply for the IAS exam in future by referring books and newspaper for knowing current affairs.

Optional Subjects for IAS:

• Agriculture
  • Management
  • Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
  • Mathematics
  • Anthropology
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Botany
  • Medical Science
  • Chemistry
  • Philosophy
  • Civil Engineering
  • Physics
  • Commerce & Accountancy
  • Political Science & International Relations
  • Economics
  • Psychology
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Public Administration
  • Geography
  • Sociology
  • Geology
  • Statistics
  • Indian History
  • Zoology
  • Law

It is better that you right away show interest in the specific subjects and train yourself.

Books For IAS:

# UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary Examination) By V.V.K. Subburaj
# Gandhi Nehru Tagore & Ambedkar - Gopal Krishna
# A.C.Banerjee - History of Modern India Raghavan Aiyer - Mahatma Gandhi
# NCERT : Physical Geography of India for X - XII Std
# Indian Economy - Mishra & Puri or Dutt & Sundaram
# Publication Division-Subhash C. Kashyap : Our Parliament

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th April 2015, 10:07 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts various exams for civil services, engineering services,defense services and many more every year in India.

UPSC conducts civil services exam in order to recruit personnel to the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria required for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
8th October 2015, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Which stream i should have take after 12 to become an ias, if my maths and science are good
30th December 2016, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

What degree can we take for ias exam??But that degree should be job oriented if we didn't clear ias exam also.
5th January 2017, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

Which stream I should choose in eleventh to become an ias officer?
20th August 2017, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

My brother is studying in 6th class and i want to make him an IPS officer please suggest me how can i guide him?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?