2nd March 2015, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study MBBS if secured 80% in 12th being a 16 years old candidate?

Sir,
I am student of 12th class.
I passed 12th class by 80%.
I want to admission in MBBS.
But my age is 16 years.
Can I get admission in MBBS.
Please reply me fast.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study MBBS in China for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th standard? Procedure of admission?
  2. Eligibility to study MBBS for a candidate who has secured 56% in B.Sc and 47% in 12th?
  3. Requirements to study MBBS in Germany for a candidate who has secured 60% in F.Sc Medical?
  4. Possibility to study MBBS in USA for a candidate who has secured less than 50% in PCM of 12th?
  5. Can I study MBBS if secured 40% in 12th PCB?
  6. Undergraduate courses for a candidate who has secured less than 50% in 12th Science?
  7. Is there any entrance exam available for MBBS? Can I get admission on the basis of 12th cutoff marks?
  8. How can I become a ticket checker? What is the qualification required? How much is the salary
  9. Am I eligible to get admission in MBBS if scored 143 marks in NEET and secured 68% in 12th being an OBC student?
  10. Is it possible to study MBBS after completing 2 years of B.Sc?
  11. MBBS in China for a student who has secured 50% in 12th Bihar Board?
  12. Admission in government MBBS college with scholarship for a candidate who have secure 315 marks in MH-CET? Minimum marks required in 12th for admission in MBBS?
  13. Are there any scholarships available for me after scoring 84.5% in 12th for studying MBBS course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I study MBBS in Russia if secured 63% in 12th?
  15. How can I study MBBS in abroad if secured 95.6% in 12th and 91% in 10th?
  16. Procedure for getting admission in MBBS after 12th?
  17. Admission in MBBS for a candidate who has secured 112 marks in COMEDK?
  18. Possibility to get direct admission in any government college of West Bengal to study BCA course to a candidate who has secured 49% in 12th Science?
3rd March 2015, 06:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study MBBS if secured 80% in 12th being a 16 years old candidate?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in MBBS course being a 16 years old candidate. Yes, the minimum age required to be eligible for doing MBBS course is "17 years" hence you are not eligible.

Age Criteria required to get admission in MBBS course:

Minimum age - 17 years
Maximum age - 25 years

Important Note: Candidates must have passed "17 years" as on 31st December of that Academic year. For instance, If you are willing to take admission in MBBS in 2015 year, you must have completed 17 years as on 31st December, 2015.

So being a 16 years old candidate, you cannot get admission in MBBS course. Meanwhile I suggest you to prepare well for MBBS Entrance examination, and there by you can apply next year.
3rd March 2015, 07:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study MBBS if secured 80% in 12th being a 16 years old candidate?

No, you cannot get admission to study MBBS course being a 16 years old candidate. The minimum age required to get admission in MBBS course is completion of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission. Since, you have not attained the age of 16 years, you are not eligible to get admission in MBBS course. And to get admission in MBBS course, you need to appear in MBBS entrance examinations like AIPMT, AIIMS, JIPMER, EAMCET, etc. after completion of your 12th standard. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get admission in MBBS course.
3rd March 2015, 11:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Admission in MBBS course is based on the medical entrance exam. You have to be 10+2 qualified with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.You have got 80% marks, therefore, you are eligible for most of the medical entrance exams.

You should be at least 17 years of age for getting admission in a MBBS course. There are many medical entrance exams like CBSE NEET-UG, JIPMER, AIIMS, CPMT, BHU PMT and other state level medical entrance exam for which you can appear for getting admission in a MBBS course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?