2nd March 2015, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Is there any scope of doing PhD in Medicinal Chemistry for Chemistry postgraduate?

Hello
I have done M.Sc Chemistry from Delhi University.
Now I want to do PhD in Medicinal Chemistry.
I just want to know that is there any scope in Medicine
for me because I am not from the Pharma background.
Or I am also interested in synthesis of organic substances.

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges and universities along with their admission procedure and details, offering Ph.D course with chemistry or medicinal chemistry through correspondence? I have completed M.Sc(Pharmaceutical Chemistry) with 75% marks
  2. Am I eligible for PhD in Chemistry after M.Sc in Applied Chemistry? Scope of Applied Chemistry in research field?
  3. Am i eligible for Drug Inspector exam after MS medicinal chemistry?
  4. Am I eligible to do PhD in Organic Chemistry at Delhi University being a Physical Chemistry postgraduate with UGC-JRF?
  5. Procedure to study PhD in Abroad for M.Sc(Organic Chemistry) postgraduate?
  6. Procedure to do PhD after M.Sc Chemistry?
  7. How to do Ph.D in chemistry after completing MSc with Chemistry
  8. Selection procedure for admission in PhD(Chemistry) through GATE with Stipend? Course duration of PhD in Chemistry?
  9. Correspondence PhD in Chemistry is available in Gujarat?
  10. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  11. Analytical Chemistry, Medical Chemistry or Pharmaceutics which one is suitable for career in R&D?
  12. Which are the best course after passing B.Pharm? I am a B.Pharm final year student
  13. Universities for correspondence PhD in Chemistry?
  14. Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  15. Entrance exam for doing PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  16. Entrance exam for doing PHD in Pharmacy after M.Sc Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  17. Colleges offering PhD in Chemistry through distance course?
  18. Scope of pharmaceutical medicial chemistry and pharmacology -- [Most Discussed]
25th May 2018, 10:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any scope of doing PhD in Medicinal Chemistry for Chemistry postgraduate?

If you can secure admission at a reputed university for your Ph.D, then surely it will have good scope for you. Pharma background is not necessary, if you have studied from a high rated institution.

Most of the companies will prefer a candidate from top tier institutes, rather than a student from a sub standard private college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?