5th March 2015, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

To study Arts, do I have to join 11th standard if pursuing 12th Science?

Hello friends,
I am studying in 12th Science now.
I don't able to cope up with Science.
So I want to join Arts.
Do I have to repeat 11th again?
Please tell me about this.

5th March 2015, 11:06 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: To study Arts, do I have to join 11th standard if pursuing 12th Science?

Yes if you want to shift your stream from Science to Arts stream then you have to repeat your class 11th again because, both the stream are different from each other. So there is no provision that you can change your stream in the middle of your class 12th therefore, you have to repeat your class 11th again, but it can also happen that you may have to change your school also because, if the school administration will not allow you to change it if registration is done for class 12th then in that case you may have to change your school and there again you will have to repeat class 11th. That is the only way by which you can change your stream from Science to Arts.
6th March 2015, 02:13 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: To study Arts, do I have to join 11th standard if pursuing 12th Science?

No, I am very sorry to say that is not possible any more.

Once you have locked your subject combination, you cannot change it in class 12.

The only option left for you now is to re-appear in class 11 once again with Arts stream to continue further studies with Arts stream.
6th March 2015, 11:04 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue 12th standard with Arts stream after completion of your 11th standard with Science stream, then, it is not possible. To study 12th standard with Arts stream, you must have to complete your 11th standard with Arts stream. You can also pursue Bachelor of Arts course after completion of your 12th standard with Science stream, so, that you can save your time by not repeating 11th standard with Arts stream. But, if you want to pursue 12th standard with Arts stream, it is mandatory that you need to pursue 11th standard with Arts stream.
6th March 2015, 04:46 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you want to change to Arts stream, you should join freshly in 11th standard in Arts stream. That's because you cannot change to Arts stream in 12th standard, as you have completed your 11th standard in science stream. So, the only way through which you can change to Arts stream is, to apply for admission in 11th standard in Arts stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?