5th March 2015, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study BCA if secured 66% in 12th?

Hello,
I got 66% in 12th and now I am thinking
of joining BCA. Will I get admission in BCA?
How many % is required by me in admission of BCA?
Please reply as soon as possible

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get direct admission in any government college of West Bengal to study BCA course to a candidate who has secured 49% in 12th Science?
  2. Can I study BCA if secured 47.5% in Maths of 12th? List of colleges, syllabus and job opportunities of BCA?
  3. Eligibility to study BCA for a candidate who has secured 44% in 12th? List of colleges in Kerala?
  4. How may I get details regarding admission dates of BCA course after passing class 12th?
  5. Can I be eligible for BCA after securing 66% marks from science in class 12th?
  6. Options for BCA students except MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get admission for BCA from Delhi University having secured 50% in 12th?
  8. Can I get admission in LPU to study MCA if secured 55% in BCA?
  9. Can I study BCA if completed 12th Commerce? Fee expense to study BCA?
  10. Can I get admission to study BCA in JNU if pursuing 12th Commerce without Maths?
  11. Undergraduate courses for a candidate who has secured less than 50% in 12th Science?
  12. Will I get admission in BCA after completing 12th Biology?
  13. Am I eligible to study BCA after completing 12th Commerce? In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission?
  14. Am I eligible to get admission in BCA being a 12th PCB student?
  15. Possibility to study MBBS in China for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th standard? Procedure of admission?
  16. How to take admission in one of the colleges under Gujarat University after passing 12th commerce from Gujarata? How want to study BCA
  17. How to study BCA and MCA after completing 12th standard?
  18. Eligibility to appear in NIMCET for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th and 68% in BCA?
5th March 2015, 09:34 PM
smithapriya

Default Re: Can I get admission to study BCA if secured 66% in 12th?

It is good to see that you are thinking to join in the BCA course after completing 12th standard.

Bachelor of Computer Application is an undergraduate programme which trains the students in various aspects of computer science and also with the latest developments in the field of information technology and communications. Admission process will vary depends on the respective college.

BCA programme is offered by most universities in India and follows the semester system of study with a total of six semesters in three years. The minimum eligibility for the course is 12th standard or senior secondary examination or equivalent from a recognized board or university. Most the universities prefer the candidate who studied Mathematics or Staotics subject at 12th standard level.
6th March 2015, 02:15 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much do BCA course, but not all Institutes shall consider your marks, but however, in most of the Institutes you will most probably get admission in.

However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for BCA course, kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility criteria for doing BCA:

1. Candidate must have passed class 12th with a minimum of 50%.

2. Candidates should have studied Mathematics in his/her boards as a main subject.

3. Some colleges conduct their own entrance exam for providing admission to students in BCA course.

Note:

. Getting 50% in boards is only a criteria for admission, this does not guarantee your admission. You should score atleast more than 60% in your boards to get into any good Institute.

. In some colleges maths is not considered as an important element for admission in BCA, in those Institutions only your aggregate percentage in +2 is considered.
6th March 2015, 09:06 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Yes, you are eligible for BCA after completing 12th standard with 66% of marks. The minimum educational qualification required to apply for BCA is 12th standard or equivalent qualification from a recognized university. Nowadays, some reputed colleges give first preference to the candidate who studied Mathematics subject 12th standard level.

-> Candidate should have completed its Higher Secondary Education or equivalent with Mathematics subject from a recognized university.

-> Candidate should score at least 50% mark at the 12th standard level.

The applications for the course can be made through the official website of the college that offers the course. The candidates can collect details regarding the course and the application process through the official website of the concerned university.
6th March 2015, 09:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.

List of the best college for BCA course:-

Indian Institute of Management & Commerce (IIMC) ,Hyderabad

Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) ,Bangalore

Prestige Institute of Management and Research ,Indore

Apeejay Institute of Management ,Jalandhar

Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) ,Chandigarh

JK Business School (JKBS) ,Gurgaon
6th March 2015, 10:57 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. The duration of BCA course is 3 years. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent with an aggregate of 45% marks from a recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course. Most of the colleges provides direct admission to BCA course based on the marks secured by candidates in 12th standard board examinations except some colleges/universities conducts their own entrance test and provide admissions to candidates who have qualified in entrance test. Since, you have secured an aggregate of 66% marks in your 12th standard, definitely you can get admission in BCA course.
6th March 2015, 11:05 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Percentage required in 12th class to pursue BCA generally varies from institution to institution. So the fact is, percentage required in 12th class varies from college to college based on their admission criteria. In maximum cases, the minimum percentage you must have secured to pursue BCA is minimum 60% marks and in hard cases it would be around 65% and so you need not expect more than this. Since you have secured more than 65% and is 66% you no need to worry about eligibility. You are certainly eligible to apply for BCA admission being scored 66% marks in 12th class.

Try to get good command over the subjects you will study in BCA 1st, 2nd and 3rd years, so that it would be an easy task for you to get selected in good companies or to pursue higher studies such as MCA course.
6th March 2015, 12:42 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

I would like to tell you that you are eligible for BCA as you have fulfilled the criteria, but the eligibility criteria depends upon the colleges and institutions and you should pass in each and every subject in your class 12th board exam.
29th May 2015, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

I have passed in CBSE with 66% marks but I have got 12 marks in maths ..
I want admition in bca ...which collages of jharkhand and Bengal I should try for admition ??? plz rpy
15th August 2021, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Can i get direct admission in bca without giving any Interance exam if i have scored 66.6% in 12 ?
If yes then plz suggest me collages plz
21st August 2021, 06:42 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

Yes, Ofcourse

Candidates who have passed 12th in any stream with minimum 50%marks can take admission in BCA and in 12th appearing with mathematics as a compulsory subjects
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?