7th March 2015, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Education Loan again from SBI for study M.Tech if haven't paid the amount which was taken for B.Tech?

Sir
I have done with my B.Tech Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication.
I have taken education loan from SBI for B.E and I have not paid that loan and its interest yet. But I have cracked GATE and now I want to do M.Tech. So, I want to know that SBI will give me education loan again?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get Education Loan to study M.Tech if haven't paid the previous one?
  2. Education loan for studying M.Tech?
  3. How can I get the interest amount paid upon Education Loan back under CSIS Scheme of Central Government?
  4. What amount I will get in Punjab National Bank education loan facility? Requirements to apply?
  5. Should I apply for Education Loan instead of scholarship to study in MBBS?
  6. Can I get Education Loan to study MS in Abroad with mentioned percentage in overall academic?
  7. Formalities to apply for Education loan to study MBBS in Russia?
  8. Other way to get Education Loan if nearest SBI branch refuses? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Where should I apply for Education Loan if want to study MBBS in Bangalore and belongs to Bihar? Detailed information about Bank Education Loan?
  10. Can I apply for another Education Loan if my previous loan amount of 2.5 Lac is pending?
  11. How can I take another Loan for PG course if already took for UG course?
  12. Eligibility, type of entrance exam, application procedure, fees and loan facility for pursuing M.Tech in Abroad?
  13. How much amount I will get to study MS in Automobile Engineering through Education Loan?
  14. How can I get education loan if have no mortgage to show?
  15. Problem Getting Fees from my SBI education loan Account -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Education loan of about 10 lacs is possible for admission through COMEDK? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. In case of CA course how bank will pay the loan amount directly to ICAI? Documents to be submitted to bank and ICAI?
  18. How much subsidy I will get if taken Education Loan of Rs. 3.4 Lacs?
12th March 2015, 11:01 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Education Loan again from SBI for study M.Tech if haven't paid the amount which was taken for B.Tech?

It is purely at the discretion of SBI to allow you for another education loan if you had not repaid the previous education which you had taken for pursuing B.Tech course. Usually the banks do not allow such provision. However, they may allow on certain grounds like :-

- You get admission in the Tier-1 institute of the country.
- You have paid the interest continuously for previous course and the family income is stable.

So you need to talk to the concerned SBI's branch manager and apply for education loan again by writing an application to the principal of the bank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?