7th March 2015, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study M.A.(Economics) if secured 44% in B.A.(Economics & Maths)?

Hello,
I have done B.A. with Economics
and Maths with 44% marks.
Am I eligible to do MA in Economics?
Please give me solution I am very confused.

12th March 2015, 12:47 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.A.(Economics) if secured 44% in B.A.(Economics & Maths)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have done B.A. with Economics
and Maths with 44% marks.
Am I eligible to do MA in Economics?
Please give me solution I am very confused.
The marks you have obtained is on the lower side and this can be a problem but you can pursue the Course of MA in Economics if you can do well in the Entrance Examination and the Personal Interview that follows the Entrance Examination.
The marks is not the only criteria you will have to perform to the best of your ability during the Entrance Examination and if you are successful in getting a very good score then you will be able called for a Personal Interview and if you are able to impress the Interviewer then you have every chance to get yourself admitted to the course of MA in Economics.

The marks that you have in your BA is a roadblock of sorts as students with less than 50% marks in their Graduation is generally not given admission into the MA course so it is best if you are able to bypass your marks with the help of a good score in Entrance Examination and an even better Interview.
So hard work is the only way in which you will get admission into MA in Economics from the situation you are in.
So just make sure that you prepare for the Entrance Examination to the Best of your ability also make sure that you are confident during your Interview.
If asked about the reason behind the low marks that you have obtained in your BA make sure you speak the truth instead of giving excuses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?