14th March 2015, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get Visa for studying abroad with 5.5 bands in IELTS?

I got 5.5 bands in IELTS and my qualifications is 12 non medical .....can it is possible to get visa with my this bands in any state as well as any city in Canada..........? Please provide me the answer on this soon. Waiting to get a reply soon. Thanks!

15th March 2015, 12:28 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get Visa for studying abroad with 5.5 bands in IELTS?

Yes it is possible to get Visa with what you have.
But it might take a bit longer to process and the visa given by Canada itself is slower when compared to the rest of the Countries.
The Visa availability has increased hugely in the last year due to the Steps taken by the Indian Government.
You need to apply as soon as possible and you will have to make sure that you give all the details properly.
Also give all the documents which support the cause of your visit to Canada.
If there is any problem then it is best that you post a letter to the Canadian Embassy Office in India and state clearly the need of you visiting Canada.
There is no steadfast rule in case of Visa and it can be given depending on the conditions and it is also the discretion of the Embassy Office of that Country.
So just make sure you have all the details and once you have all the details you will be provided with a Visa to visit Canada.
15th March 2015, 01:07 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get Visa for studying abroad with 5.5 bands in IELTS?

The VISA process is mainly processed depending on the following factors apart from government policies -

- Academic Record
- Scores in Entrance Exams
- Work experience
- Institute concerned
- Financial Status

If you get the admission call from any Canadian University, you can get VISA provided it is a recognized institute. However, you need to crack the VISA interview and comply with the government policies as well.

Canadian Universities such as Royal Roads University, Canadore College of Applied Arts and Technology, St. Clair College of Applied Arts and Technology accept a score of 5.5 in IELTS.

Thus you can apply for student VISA for Canada. However, sometimes they are reluctant to accept VISA request for a band below 6 in IELTS. Therefore having work experience and admission letter from a recognized institute helps in such case.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?