14th March 2015, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I get government job after completion of M.Sc in Bio-Chemistry?

Can I get government job after completion of M.Sc in Bio-Chemistry? Will it be possible? Can someone please provide me the information on this soon and guide me what need to be done to prepare for the same? Waiting for a answer soon. Thanks.

14th April 2015, 02:03 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get government job after completion of M.Sc in Bio-Chemistry?

There are many options available for you after your MSc. You can also go for higher studies thereby pursue your PhD. You can find a job in both government and private sector especially in petrochemical industries, Oil and Natural Gas industry, manufacturing plants, refineries, chemical industries, research Institutes,etc.

You can get jobs in various:

-Pharmaceutical Companies
-Chemical Laboratories
-Hospitals
-Diagnostic Centers
-Clinics
-Biotech Companies etc under the government.

Apart from this ,you can find jobs in Indian Railways, Nationalized Banks , insurance sector like LIC, post offices and telegraph centers.

You can also become IAS and IPS officers. You can also enter into Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.

Firms like Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, National Fertilizers Limited, Bihar Drugs & Organic Chemicals Limited, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, Bengal Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals, Bongaigaon Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited, Hindustan Organic Chemicals Limited,etc. recruit post graduates in the field of Bio-chemistry.
15th April 2015, 10:02 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

You have a bright future after biochemistry in private field but if you want to join government jobs then you need to work hard because you can not easily get a good government job means you need to pass exams, interviews tests etc. then you can get a good job in your biochemical field.

If interested in Bio chemistry field then you can apply for government jobs in various universities and colleges of government of India for various posts such as - Lab Analyst, Lab Assistant, Lab Incharge, Lab Technician Grade III on the basis of your qualification for Biochemical and Chemistry lab but not interested in these type of jobs then you should try for another posts in the same field.

You can enter teaching field with Biochemistry because you are eligible to apply for Lecturers test and once you qualify this entrance test (NET) then you can get the job of Lecturer and Assistant Professor in good reputed universities/ colleges.

If you want to change your stream from Biochemistry then you have various options to make your career because government jobs are available in thousands now a days for different - Banking sector, Insurance and Financial sector, Railways field, Police and defense service fields, SSC also offers a lot of Group B, C and D jobs in government sector and the highest level jobs are of UPSC Board.

You can choose civil service field to make your career but if you want to get the job first then you need to prepare for either SSC or IBPS banks examination because easy process to enter whereas civil services exams will take sometime to get into the job after hard core preparation so just prepare well for any of these two exams and get a good job.

M.Sc in Biochemistry is enough to get you into various jobs in private companies for different posts and not only science related companies but even, chemical, medical, pharmaceutical and other drug related companies may offer you jobs for senior positions so you should also try in such fields to secure your future.
15th April 2015, 11:18 AM
Ashwakh

Yes , you can apply for many Government jobs after completion of your M.sc in Biochemistry.

~ You can apply for a post in Indian Navy in Education branch.

~ You can apply for the post of HAVILDAR EDUCATION in Indian army

~ You can apply for the Ibps bank po exam and Sbi bank po exam also.

~ You can apply for the post of JRF life science in Aiims .
The job location will be in Delhi.

~ You can apply for the post of SRF in CSK Himachal pradesh krishi vishvavidyalaya.
The job location is in dharmasala

~ You can apply for the post of Project assistant in IIT Bombay.
The job location will be in mumbai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?