14th March 2015, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Air Force after completion of Post Graduation course?

Can I join Air Force after completion of Post Graduation course? I have less than 60% marks in studies. Will that be a constraint? I have completed Post graduation course and I need to if I can apply for Air force or not. Please reply me soon. Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  2. How to join Indian Air Force just after completion of Graduation?
  3. What can I do for Pilot job after passing 12th science? I am a girl
  4. Any job availability in Technical Side for Girls in Indian Navy?
  5. How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  6. Can I join Air Force after completion of 12th class with Maths?
  7. Can I join Army, Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  8. How to join Air Force, Navy and Army after completion of 12th Class with Commerce?
  9. Required Eligibility criteria to join Air Force after completion of B.Tech in ECE stream?
  10. How can I join Air force after completion of my B.Tech course
  11. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Required Eligibility criteria to join Graduation in IGNOU being a candidate working in Air Force?
  13. Required Academic Qualification to join Indian Air Force?
  14. What kind of entrance exam is available to join Indian Air Force for B.Com graduate?
  15. Can I join Air Force having completed ECE? Which posts can I apply in Air Force?
  16. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  17. Can a candidate be eligible to join Air Force after completion of 10th Class?
  18. How to join Air Force after completion of B-Pharmacy with 55% of marks?
15th March 2015, 08:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Air Force after completion of Post Graduation course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I join Air Force after completion of Post Graduation course? I have less than 60% marks in studies. Will that be a constraint? I have completed Post graduation course and I need to if I can apply for Air force or not. Please reply me soon. Thanks.
If you have fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible fir Indian Air Force exam through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

For more details about CDS exam and application process, you can visit to the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th September 2015, 06:16 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Air Force after completion of Post Graduation course?

You can join Air Force through CDS exam after completion of Post Graduation course on the condition you satisfy the eligibility criteria to apply for the post .

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services Exam .

UPSC conducts CDS exam twice a year to make recruitment in the Indian Defense Services .

Recruitment for following wings of Indian Defense Services are made through CDS exam :-

Indian Military Academy

Indian Naval Academy

Indian Air Force Academy

Officer's Training Academy

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the CDS exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The qualification required for Indian Air Force Academy is 10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

-The age limit to apply for IAF is from 19 years to 23 years.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The minimum height required for a female candidate is 152 cm.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam.

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

*Physical and Medical Test.

The Flying officers will receive salary of pay band Rs.15,660/- to Rs.39,100/- per moth along with Grade pay,Military Service Pay,Dearness Allowance,Kit Maintenance Allowance,Transport Allowance,Flying Allowance,Special Force Allowance etc.,

Another way to join Air Force is through AFCAT .AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test .

The candidate needs to appear for AFCAT exam to join Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch of Indian Air Force .

The eligibility criteria required for AFCAT exam are as under :-

Educational Qualification :

For Technical Branch: Bachelor of Engineering .

For Ground duty branch : Graduation in any stream .

For Flying branch :Graduation in any discipline along with 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

Age limit :

For Technical Branch: 18 - 28 years

For Ground duty branch : 20 - 23 years

For Flying branch : 19 - 23 years .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?