16th March 2015, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BCA if had Computer Application in HS?

sir,i m a student passed from pathabhavan west bengal board....in hs i didnt have maths or cs,,but i had ca..and i want to study bca. Plz help me out

17th March 2015, 09:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA if had Computer Application in HS?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. Candidates who had completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to pursue this course and some universities provides admissions for candidates who had pursued 12th standard with English as a subject from a recognised board. Most of the colleges provide direct admission to BCA course except some colleges conduct their own entrance test and provides admissions to candidates who perform well in the entrance examination.
18th March 2015, 02:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,i m a student passed from pathabhavan west bengal board....in hs i didnt have maths or cs,,but i had ca..and i want to study bca. Plz help me out
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course because you have completed HS.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
18th March 2015, 01:17 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for admission in BCA - Bachelor's of Computer Application :

Candidate should have passed 12th class with mathematics as one of the important subjects from a recognized board or

Should have passed 12th class with computer science as one of the subjects from a reputed board or

Should have passed 12th class with computer application from a recognized board as one of the subjects.

When you have completed your 12th class with computer application as one of the subjects then you are eligible to apply for admission in BCA course.

BCA has many scopes in future in both Computer and IT field because BCA provides you the knowledge of computer, applications and software as well therefore you may learn different things in this course and except BCA you can also get admission in B.Sc in Computer Science or Information Technology.

I have listed some good colleges which provides BCA course of top level in India :

>> Kurukshetra University

>> DAV College Chandigarh

>> Institute of Management Studies - Noida

>> Christ University - Bangalore

>> Madras Christian College - Chennai

>> St. Xavier College - Goa

These are the colleges which are better than others and your admission can be confirmed on the basis of percentage marks secured by you in 12th class.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?