18th March 2015, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Indian Administrative Service exam if completed Graduation in 4th attempt?

Hello,
I have finally passed my graduation.
I have passed in 4th attempts.
Now I want to prepare for Indian Administrative Service exam.
So, I would like to know that I am eligible to apply in IAS?

19th March 2015, 10:33 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Administrative Service exam if completed Graduation in 4th attempt?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Administrative Service Exam (Civil Service Examination) which is conducted by "Union Public Service Commission" every year. You have finally completed Graduation, and now you are treated as a Graduate. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for Civil Services Examination is "Degree of a Recognized University or its equivalent educational qualification" is accepted. And apart from this, candidates appearing in the requisite degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however they are supposed to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualification along with the detailed application form for Civil Services (Main) Examination. Since you have finally completed your Graduation and cleared all your arrears, you are not eligible to appear in Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Examination.
19th March 2015, 02:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Administrative Service exam if completed Graduation in 4th attempt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
19th March 2015, 02:06 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Absolutely, you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination. There is no issue and it is no matter. You know need to worry about. Your thoughts should be positive way to crack this examination. To become an IAS Officer, you need to crack the Civil's first. To apply for Civil Services, the applicant should have completed graduate degree in any desired subject from a reputed university or equivalent qualification.

Your age should be between 21 years to 32 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories. Three years relaxation is applicable for OBC category and five years relaxation is applicable for SC/ST category. Civil Service Exam notification will be published in the month of June/July in the official website of UPSC. The application forms are available in only online mode. There is no offline mode of applications available. The selection process consist of three stages : Prelims, Main and Personal Interview.

More details, visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
19th March 2015, 02:36 PM
neha gupta1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Hi,
Of-course you are eligible to apply in IAS based on your educational qualification.
To apply in IAS you must have completed graduation from a recognized University.Here marks obtained in graduation doesn't matter.

Here are the other Eligibility Criteria:
1.You must be citizen of India.
2. You must have completed graduation from a recognized university.
3.Age must be between 21-26 years for General category.For OBC & SC/ST the upper age limit has been relaxed by 1 year and 3 year respectively.
4.No. of attempts is 3 for general category.For OBC & SC/ST the attempts are 5 & 6 respectively.

Thanks
19th March 2015, 05:22 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

IAS - Indian Administrative Service.

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to select the candidates for Civl service main examination.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate must be a citizen of India.

* Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not attained the age of 30 years.

* Candidate must complete their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with at least 55% of marks.

* The Degree can be of any class (First, second, Distinction).

* Final year candidate appearing for Graduation degree exam are also eligible to appear for this exam.

So, You can apply for IAS exam even if you cleared the exam in 4 attempts. Clearing the Graduation Degree from a recognized University is only that matters.
19th March 2015, 08:56 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

In general IAS (Indian Administrative Service ) examination is conducted by the UPSC every year . The Eligibility for the IAS ,IPS and any other Civil service examination is same .So you can have a look on the below eligibility criteria. The Exam date for the Civil's held on 23/08/2015.

Eligibility criteria for IAS Examination :

1.You must be a Citizen of India.

2.You should complete the graduation in any stream from a recognized university .

3.The Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is age relaxation for all reserved category students as per government norms.

4.Various Number of attempts for the reserved students.For SC/ST students there is No limit to apply for Civil's.
14th April 2015, 04:49 PM
Ashwakh

It doesnt matter whether you have completed your graduation in second attempt of 4th attempt. The point is whether you have compelted the graduation or not. Whether your graduation which you have completed is from a recognised university or not.

Before applying for the Ias exam , keep in mind that ,

~ Age shouldbe in between 21-30 years , if you belong to general category
~ Age shouldbe in between 21-33 years , if you belong to obc category
~ Age shouldbe in between 21-35 years , if you belong to sc , st category
~ You shouldbe a citizen of india

So , you should also satisfy the age criteria to apply for the IAS exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?