18th March 2015, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I study M.A.(History) if completed B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering)?

Hi guys,
I am a B.Tech graduate in Computer Science Engineering from NIT Calicut. I am interested in pursuing a M.A. in History. I wanted to know if a Technical graduate is eligible for a post graduation in History. Please advice.
Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I study abroad for English? I have completed 12th science
  2. Study Abroad for Diploma holder in Computer Science Engineering?
  3. Which is a better university to study Aeronautical Engineering? Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
  4. How to study MBA after completing B.E computer science and engineering
  5. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Which is a better university for studying Aeronautical Engineering? Marks needed in 10th and 12th to study this course? Fee structure and is there any placement assurance?
  7. Am I eligible to study Forensic Science having completed B.Sc MLT with a percentage of 61% and born on 15-06-1984?
  8. What are the higher study options after completing engineering in information science?
  9. What should we study after +2 to study genetic engineering in future ?
  10. How to study aeronautical engineering after completing B.Tech in computer science
  11. Can I complete Aeronautical Engineering by taking educational loan? -- [New]
  12. Which course should I choose to study in Abroad if completed 12th Science?
  13. List of colleges offering Part Time M.E course and correspondence in Chennai?
  14. Am I eligible to study diploma in Marine Engineering if completed B.Sc Nautical Science from Indian Maritime University?
  15. What type of marine engineering course should I study after completing B.E computer science engineering
  16. What should I do to get admission in a reputed college? I have completed 12th in science stream
  17. How to study B.E after passing 3 years in computer science and engineering?
  18. Is there any value for genetic engineering? I have completed 11th
19th March 2015, 02:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study M.A.(History) if completed B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys,
I am a B.Tech graduate in Computer Science Engineering from NIT Calicut. I am interested in pursuing a M.A. in History. I wanted to know if a Technical graduate is eligible for a post graduation in History. Please advice.
Thanks.
You have completed B.Tech in Computer science in Engineering from NIT Calicut so you are not eligible for M.A in History course.

Eligibility criteria for MA in History:-

1)Those candidates who have completed B.A in History from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for M.A in History admission.

2)Your age should be above 18 years.
5th April 2015, 07:24 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Can I study M.A.(History) if completed B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering)?

Being from Science stream that also technical stream eliminates you from being eligible for MA History.
Having a hobby of knowing history or historical fatcs is entirely different from pursuing a course in history and that too from midway.
As you are in B.Tech then it would not be wrong to presume that the last time you read history was when you were in class 10th i.e. minimum 6years ago and then you want to go directly for Masters.It would be absurd not only from academic point but also from economic or income point.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?