19th March 2015, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in CLAT if secured 65% in 12th Science being a 21 years old candidate?

Hello Sir,
I have got 65% in my 12th Science and
my age is 21. Can I apply for CLAT?
I am eligible to give CLAT or not?
Kindly tell me about this.

20th March 2015, 09:51 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CLAT if secured 65% in 12th Science being a 21 years old candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for CLAT entrance exam. Those candidates who are appear in CLAT entrance exam, then the Candidate’s age not exceeding 20 years.

CLAT Eligibility Criteria:

To apply for this CLAT exam, the applicant need to have a pass 12th standard or its equivalent. Applicant must have score at least 50% of marks at 12th standard level. A relaxation of 5% is given to students of the reserved categories and for people who are disabled.

Candidates who are applying for the CLAT (LLB) should not be above 20 years of age. An upper age limit relaxation of 2 years is granted for students of the reserve categories as well as students who are disabled.

So, as per the CLAT age criteria you are not eligible for CLAT entrance exam. But, if you are belong from reserved category (SC/ST) then you may eligible for CLAT exam.

Official website - clat.ac.in
20th March 2015, 12:30 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CLAT if secured 65% in 12th Science being a 21 years old candidate?

CLAT i.e Common Law Admission Test is conducted by National Law University Once in a year for admission to L.L.B & L.L.M course. CLAT notification has already released. Last date for receipt of application is on 31st March 2015.

Eligibility Criteria :-

-> The applicant should have completed Higher Secondary School in any discipline from a recognized school. No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination.

-> The applicant must have secured at least 45% marks for general candidates and 40% marks for reserved categories.

-> The applicant age should be below 20 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits is applicable for SC/ST categories.

If you are belongs to general candidate than definitely you are not eligible to apply for CLAT examination because your already crossed age limits framed by CLAT but, if you are belongs to SC/ST category then you have a chance to apply for this examination. More details, visit the official website :- http://clat.ac.in/
20th March 2015, 05:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
As per age criteria, you are not eligible for CLAT exam.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks then you are eligible to attend in CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Best books for CLAT exam:-

CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package
by
A. P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Model Test Papers For CLAT & LL.B
by
A P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)

CLAT Common Law Admission Test
by
Mazumdar Rituparna
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)
20th March 2015, 06:06 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their 12th standard or its equivalent examination with minimum 45% of marks are eligible to apply for CLAT examination. Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories can apply for CLAT exam, even if they have 40% of marks in their 12th standard.

Age Criteria:-
A candidate should be below 20 years of age, to apply for CLAT exam. In case of SC/ST and disabled candidates, the age limit is 22 years . So, you can apply for CLAT exam, only if you are SC/ST candidate or a person with disability.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?