28th March 2015, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission to study M.Tech in IIT if having 7 years gap in B.Tech after 12th?

Hi Sir,
I have secured 50% in 10th, 51% in 12th
then after 7 year gap I have secured 61%
in B.Tech CSE. Now I want to do M.Tech from IIT.
Kindly tell me I am eligible to admission in IIT
as I have a gap of 7 years for B.Tech.

5th April 2015, 06:12 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission to study M.Tech in IIT if having 7 years gap in B.Tech after 12th?

You just need to score high marks in GATE to be eligible for M.tech from IITs. 61% in B.Tech would make you eligible in almost all the IITs after a good score in GATE.
Although there is no minimum marks requirement for appearing in GATE but all the colleges when publishing their notification asks for a minimum marks in B.Tech level which is mostly 60%.
Your year gap between 12th and B.tech will never matter.It may be asked sometimes in interview for M.Tech or jobs but it will not impact your selection or as such.
Just concentrate on GATE and complete your M.Tech.
28th February 2016, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission to study M.Tech in IIT if having 7 years gap in B.Tech after 12th?

7 years gap after b.tech. Am I eligible to do M.tech in mechanical engineering ?
29th February 2016, 09:33 AM
kribesh

There nothing you have to worry about!The only thing you have to take care of is getting a good GATE score.All the IIT's give more priority to Gate Score than Btech percentage.As you already have 61%,you eligibility criteria regarding Btech mark is fulfilled.
Regarding your 7 year gap,its not a matter of concern as long as you have good Gate scores.So if you have not yet attended GATe Exam,Prepare well for it and try to get minimum Gate score to get into IIT..
Good luck man..!
7th June 2018, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

Sir I want to do engineering from cse but I have lost my 4 years after 12th can i get admission in engineering good college after cracking mht cet with good ranks?
7th June 2018, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

I want to do engineering from cse but I have lost my 4 years after 12th can i get admission in engineering good college after cracking mht cet with good ranks?
25th August 2019, 03:58 AM
Unregistered

I want job in it sector and I have a year gap of 6 year after b.e will this effect my placement
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?