30th March 2015, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Sc(Psychology) if studying 12th Science with Psychology as an optional subject?

Sir,
I am a 12th Science student from Baroda.
I took up Psychology as my optional subject.
Am I eligible to pursue a career in B.Sc(Psychology)?
Please tell me about this.

1st April 2015, 06:38 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I study B.Sc(Psychology) if studying 12th Science with Psychology as an optional subject?

Yeah sure, you are absolutely eligible to apply for B.Sc (Psychology) course after completing 12th standard. To apply for B.Sc (Psychology) course, candidate should have completed intermediate with Psychology from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. The candidate must have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate for general candidates and 50% marks for reserved categories. There are no entrance examination for B.Sc(Psychology) course but few reputed institution conduct the entrance examination.
2nd April 2015, 06:34 PM
DineshKumar_01

Default Re: Can I study B.Sc(Psychology) if studying 12th Science with Psychology as an optional subject?

Yes, you are surely eligible for applying for the B.SC (Psychology) after completing your 12th standard. I am providing you eligibility criteria for applying for the B.SC (Psychology) as below:

1. candidate must have been completed intermediate with Psychology from a recognized school or equivalent institution.
2. The candidate must have scored at least 55% marks in aggregate for general candidates and 50% marks for reserving categories.

And also there is no entrance exam for the B. SC (Psychology). Just then some of the university conduct the entrance exam for this course.
2nd April 2015, 10:55 PM
SmilyRishu

YES you are eligible for the apply B.Sc in Psychology after completed the 12th class. The minimum percentage required for the admission is 55% and this percent are different for the different category.

Now the percentage for the Sc category required above 45% and for the general category above 70%.

After complete the 12th class you give the some entrance test they help in the getting admission in the best collage.
3rd April 2015, 08:00 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Minimum eligibility required to get admission in B.Sc Psychology course :

This is a three years duration degree course offered by limited institutes/ universities in India and a candidate can get admission in this course if he/she is passed :

10+2 class in any discipline from a recognized board/ institute.

Some reputed colleges/ institutes requires that candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in class 12th then they allow candidates to get admission and these centers also conduct entrance examination to provide admission because seats are limited that is why competition is stiff but you should not worry and just prepare well and secure good marks in class 12th then you can get admission.

Some of the best colleges/ institutes in India for B.Sc in Psychology :

>> LFISSH - Little Flower Institute of Social Science and Health

>> KCCACS - Kishinchand Chellaram College of Arts Commerce and Science

>> AVK Institute of Higher Learning - Bangalore - Karnataka

>> Amal College of Advanced Studies - Kerala

>> Amar Singh Government Degree College for B.Sc Psychology - Shrinagar

>> Bangabasi College - West Bengal

There are huge job prospects after completion of B.Sc in Psychology and for your kind support, I would like to suggest you that if you are entering this stream then you must get complete knowledge of this subject and go for Master's in Psychology then you will have many job offers from both government and private sector.
3rd April 2015, 12:21 PM
amanshrivastava98

As a science student you have all the doors open in front of you.

If you want to change your field then you can surely change it to psychology.

In this field only you can also pursue your PG or prepare for the civil services as the optional subject of psychology.
29th August 2019, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

What is the cut off to enter bsc psychology
31st August 2019, 03:57 PM
sharmasheetal

Yes, you are eligible for applying BSc(Psychology) after completed 12 class in science stream.
The eligibility to study Bsc(psychology) candidate must be completed their 12th study with minimum marks percentage is 55%.
Candidate also apply for entrance exam for admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?