31st March 2015, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Is 5th standard students eligible for NTSE exam?

Are 5th Class standard school student is eligible for NTSE Exam ? What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for the exam? Can you please guide me in this as I am not aware about the NTSE exam details. Looking forward to hear from someone soon on the same.

31st March 2015, 03:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is 5th standard students eligible for NTSE exam?

No, 5th Class students are not eligible to appear in NTSE (National Talent Search Examination). NTSE Examination is conducted for Class 8th, 9th and 10th standards onwards. So I can say that there is no NTSE Examination is conducted for Class 5th students and do not worry there is more time to appear in NTSE Examinations. Once candidates come to 8th standard, then they are eligible to appear in NTSE Examinations. This NTSE Examination is conducted in two stages one is Mental Ability Test and the another is Language comprehensive test.
31st March 2015, 04:02 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

NTSE stands for National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a national level examination cum scholarship program conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training to recognize and nurture talented students across India.

Eligibility for NTSE exam:-

Students from different states of the country studying in X standard are eligible for appearing in the examination. Whether a student is from a government or a private school, he/she is eligible to apply for NTSE 2015.
31st March 2015, 05:45 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are 5th Class standard school student is eligible for NTSE Exam ? What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for the exam? Can you please guide me in this as I am not aware about the NTSE exam details. Looking forward to hear from someone soon on the same.
NTSE i.e National Talent Search Examination is conducted by NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training). It is a national-level scholarship program to identify and recognize candidates with high intelligent and academic performer and nature of them. It is one of the prestigious examination is conducted by NCERT once in a year.

Eligibility: All candidates of class 10th studying from a recognized school or institution are eligible to appear for this examination.

Being 5th std candidate are not eligible to apply for this examination. Appearing in the 10th std candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ntseadvt.pdf(1.21 MB, 127 views)
31st March 2015, 06:18 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates who are studying 5th standard are not eligible to appear for NTSE exam. As per NTSE eligibility criteria, candidates who are studying 10th standard are only eligible for NTSE exam.

NTSE eligibility criteria:-
1. Candidates who are pursuing 10th standard are only eligible for NTSE exam.
2. Candidate should have secured minimum 60% of marks(55% in case of SC/ST) in his 9th standard.
31st March 2015, 09:40 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, 5th standard students are not eligible to appear in NTSE examination. Only candidates who are pursuing 10th standard from any recognised school are eligible to appear in NTSE examination. NTSE examination is conducted in two stages as NTSE Stage-I and NTSE Stage-II examinations. Candidates who are pursuing 10th standard from any recognised school are eligible to appear in NTSE Stage-I examination and the candidates who had got selected from NTSE Stage-I examination are eligible to appear in NTSE Stage-II examination.
17th June 2020, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Are 6th standrad students eligible for NTSE examination ?
8th August 2020, 06:51 PM
shivansh88

No, only class 10 students can appear for NTSE. Though you can start your preparations from now onwards. You can start practicing on MAT section.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?