31st March 2015, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA post graduation course after completion of MCM?

I have completed mcm from nagpur university now can i do post graduation in mca? Will that help me for my career or not? Can you please give me your suggestions on this in order to take the better decision for my future. Thank you. Looking forward to hear from you.

31st March 2015, 10:26 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do MCA post graduation course after completion of MCM?

MCM stands for Master of Computer Management. After MCM, you can opt for doctorate.There is no meaning in pursuing MCA after MCM. Since both deal with Computer Science subject only.

Doing Ph.D in Computer Science will be the best choice after MCM.

To do Ph.D , you require either GATE or UGC NET/JRF score card.
31st March 2015, 10:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed mcm from nagpur university now can i do post graduation in mca? Will that help me for my career or not? Can you please give me your suggestions on this in order to take the better decision for my future. Thank you. Looking forward to hear from you.

MCM stands for Master of Computer Management and it is a post graduate course and likewise MCA is a post graduate course of 3 years duration and this course is a study of computer applications consisting of 6 semesters in it.

Having completed MCM you can again join in MCA course if it is your interest. To do MCA course, the qualification needed is you should have completed a degree and passed +2 with mathematics as subject. There is nothing regarding the age limit.

But the other option which you could opt is to do a Ph.d degree in the same field to become a expert in the field of study
1st April 2015, 09:10 AM
s m samy
Member+

According to me, doing Ph.D after MCM is the best option rather than doing MCA after MCM.

Since both are related to same subjects, there is no meaning in doing MCA after MCM.

You have got MCM from recognized Indian institution. You can apply for NET exam to do Ph.D .
9th April 2015, 09:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

After completion of MCM (Master of Computer Management) which is a post graduate course and applying for MCA is possible. MCA (Master of Computer Application) and this is also a post graduate course and this is of 3 years duration with 6 semesters in it.

To apply for this course, the candidate need to have completed a degree from a recognized university and +2 with mathematics as subject in order to be eligible. There is no age limit for applying. The procedure to apply for the exam is candidate should write the entrance exam for MCA and you should satisfy the criteria's framed for the exam.

Some of the entrance exams would include
  • IIT JAM - Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission
  • RMCAAT - Rajasthan Master of Computer Application Admission Test
  • Pune University MCA Entrance Exam
  • VIT Vellore Institute of Technology Entrance Examination
  • WB JECA - West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA
  • TANCET - Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?