31st March 2015, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Difference b/w CBSE and NIOS

If i had done 11th class from cbse and 12th from NIOS then what could be affect to go into good Engineering college...........

Related Questions:
  1. Difference b/w CBSE and NIOS -- [New]
  2. Is NIOS better than CBSE for me? Will I get good job or admission in DU with NIOS marks?
  3. What is the difference between NIOS and CBSE? Will I have the same opportunities as a CBSE student?
  4. Difference between CBSE and NIOS? How to get admission in 12th in PCM?
  5. Does it hold same value if we study in CBSE and NIOS?
  6. What is the eligibility to do 12th from CBSE as private? When forms will be out? Difference between 12th from CBSE and from NIOS?
  7. Can a student take admission in CBSE through NIOS?
  8. B.Ed after 45% in B.Com?
  9. Does CBSE and NIOS has the same value? Will NIOS affect me in taking admission in engineering college? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Shall I take admission in CBSE after 10th from NIOS or continue with NIOS board? Will I get admission in good college if studied NIOS?
  11. Admission in class 11 in ICSE or CBSE is possible after 10th from NIOS?
  12. Will I get admission in previous CBSE school if I cleared 10th from NIOS?
  13. Can NIOS student appear for JEE mains?
  14. How can I re-apply for 10th examination if attended 15 years ago?
  15. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  16. Can I appear for IIT after improving my CBSE marks from NIOS?
  17. Can I face any problem while apply for job after completing B.Tech if pursuing 12th from NIOS?
  18. Can I get admission in any good engineering college after completing 12th CBSE Compartmental exam? Does it create problem at the time of placement? Which is better for me between CBSE Compartmental exam and NIOS exam?
31st March 2015, 06:57 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: Difference b/w CBSE and NIOS

CBSE means central board of secondary education and this is a council which has been formed to create the basic level of education system in India.

In our country almost all the schools are affiliated with CBSE or with ICSC board and this board is applicable in government school as well as in private school.The CBSE board come under the "union government of India".
CBSE gives its affiliation to all private schools,kendriya vidyalaya,Model public school,JNU etc.
The regional office of CBSE is in New Delhi.Apart from the examination this board also conduct entrance test like AIPMT for admission in top medical college of India.
Whereas NIOS means "The National Institute of Open Schooling" and it was established by the ministry of human resource and development.It provide education only to those area where there is a no facility of school and the main motive behind establishment of NIOS was to increase the literacy rate in rural areas and to provide a platform to those who are willing to study.

According to the survey about 350,000 student participated in NIOS.
31st March 2015, 07:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

C.B.S.E. stands for Central board of secondary education and N.I.O.S. stands for National institute of open school .

Friend as you are interested in engineering so the change of board from C.BS.E. to N.I.O.S. will have no effect in your admission in good private engineering colleges .

But, I would like to clear one thing that C.B.S.E. is not only recognized throughout our country but also outside our country in several nations too .

Also as you have gone for N.I.O.S. so you do not have the chances for going many important examinations such as NDA exams ,Civil services examination, etc .
31st March 2015, 08:55 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If i had done 11th class from cbse and 12th from NIOS then what could be affect to go into good Engineering college...........
At the national level there are three central boards -CSE, ICSE, NIOS each have their won advantage and disadvantage. Education is highly dependent on the content of the syllabus that offered by the three boards. .

CBSE founded in 1952 ,this board is regular and the student enrolled in this board has to attend classes at his/her school . The syllabus is designed by NCERT . NCERT constantly update the syllabus to keep it update with the latest trend in education.

NIOS has now been one of most prominent board of India. It gives the freedom to the students to study from home. Though syllabus is equivalent to CBSE ,ICSE board.

But , to be honest it might affect in your near future studying from NIOS as it is a correspondent /distance mode that is you are not in a regular medium of teaching and mostly colleges, as you have mentioned that you want to pursue Engineering as your career they prefer regular medium board result.syllabus . Hence it is advisable to pursue either CBSE board or ICSE board rather then going for NIOS board. Though it is not so harmful but still the syllabus content is not so valid in India.
31st March 2015, 10:12 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

CBSE stands for Central Board of School Education.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.

The only difference between NIOS and CBSE is that it is flexible in the choice of subjects.

It is open learning schooling and learners attend a contact learning programme for several months under stream 1,2,3 & 4 unlike regular students.
31st March 2015, 11:28 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hi,

CBSC stands for Central Board of Secondary Education.It is an autonomus body.It is board which organize 10th exmiantion all over India for Regular course.

On the other hand NIOS stands for National Institute of Open schooling is also an autonomus body for doing Distance education.I also organized 10th examination all over Indian for the schools in distance education course.

It is benificial to study in CBSC board rather than NIOS as many engineering college prefered regular curses rather than distance education.
1st April 2015, 01:44 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CBSE ( Central Board of Secondary Education )founded in 1952 has its affliated school all around the India and have branches in 15 to 20 countries.It comes under the union ministry of India .Plays major role in increasing the literacy rate even with best knowledge .They even offers scholarship to children to attract them.

NIOS stands for National Institute o Open Schooling .It is mainly built to provide education to the children where the basic facilities have not reached till yet.But they are not eligible everywhere like in the Defense services IIT-JEE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?