4th April 2015, 05:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study LLB if secured 42% in 12th after completing B.Com?

Hi,
I am Mohit and I am the student of
B.Com final year. I want to do LLB after
my B.Com but the problem is, I have only
42% in my 12th. So, I am eligible for doing LLB?

9th April 2015, 07:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study LLB if secured 42% in 12th after completing B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am Mohit and I am the student of
B.Com final year. I want to do LLB after
my B.Com but the problem is, I have only
42% in my 12th. So, I am eligible for doing LLB?
Yes, you are eligible for LLB course through CLAT exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible LLB course.

The candidate age should not be more than 20 Years for under graduate course.

LLB exam is conducted by CLAT exam.

Best books for CLAT exam:-

CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package
by
A. P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Model Test Papers For CLAT & LL.B
by
A P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)

CLAT Common Law Admission Test
by
Mazumdar Rituparna
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)

CLAT Exam Guide
Publisher: Arihant (2011)

CLAT 2015 :-

Date of Issue of First Admission Notification: 25th December, 2014 (Thursday)

Starting date for Submission of Online Application Form: 01st January 2015 (Thursday)

Last date for Submission of filled-in Online Application Form: 31st March 2015 (Tuesday), by 11.59 PM

Download of Admit Cards/Hall Tickets From: 15th April 2015 (Wednesday)

Date of CLAT-2015 Online Exam: 10th May 2015 (Sunday)

For online application of CLAT exam, you may log onto www.clat.ac.in
10th April 2015, 12:39 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study LLB if secured 42% in 12th after completing B.Com?

Percentage required in 12th class to pursue LLB basically varies from institution to institution. Generally most of the colleges demand candidates to have minimum 40% for General and OBC Category candidates and 35% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates. Apart from this, you are required to give an entrance examination to get admission into LLB course. As far as CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) guidelines are concerned, General and OBC category candidates must have to secure minimum 45% marks And 40% marks in case of SC and ST Candidates). However, if you belong to any reserved category (SC/ ST/ PWD..) then you are certainly eligible to pursue LLB course else there are very less chances of studying LLB with 42% marks (If you belong to General/ OBC category).
10th April 2015, 05:55 PM
saritaupadhyay
Member+

Sorry but as per academic rules your percentage has to be 45% and above in 12th if you belong to to General category but in-case if you belong to any these category SC/ST/OBC then yes there is a chance for you to pursue LLB course as required marks for them is 40% in class 12th.
11th April 2015, 12:38 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am really sorry to say that you are not eligible to even appear for CLAT examination as you do not fulfil the educational qualification in terms of 12th marks.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for LLB:

> Applicant should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

> Applicant should have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in graduation.

> For sc/st candidates it is fixed at 45%.

> Admission for LLB course is done on the basis on merit list of CLAT examination.

> CLAT stands for common Law Admission Test.

It is the entrance examination for Law course.

> Candidate should be citizen of India.

> Candidate should have qualified in 12th standard with 50% of marks any discipline from recognized university.

> Age of the candidate should not be more than 20 years and relaxation is applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
11th April 2015, 02:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Law.There are two ways to do LLB course. One is after 10+2 and another is after graduation.

The eligibility criteria for LLB course after 10+2 are following:-

-The candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in 10+2 exam in any stream from a recognized board.

-The candidate should not exceed 20 years of age.

-The candidate has to clear CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) exam with good marks to get admission in good law colleges.

-The duration for this LLB course is 5 years.

-The syllabus for the entrance exam includes;

* Logical Reasoning

*General Awareness

*Aptitude Test

*Communication skills.

The eligibility criteria for LLB course after graduation are following:-

-The candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The duration for this LLB course is 3 years.

You can do either 3 year LLB degree from any college or 5 year integrated course from National Law Colleges.In 3 year course there is no entrance exam.
12th January 2018, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Respected, sir I have pass BSc from Gulbarga University my age is 42 Running and my Percentage is 43 % Can I do LLB from NIOS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?