9th April 2015, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology if secured 746 rank in GATE and 6.1 CGPA in B.Tech(Biotechnology)?

Hello,
I am final year student of B.Tech Biotechnology. I had PCMB in my 12th. My CGPA is 6.1. I have got 746 rank in GATE Biotechnology paper with a score of 404 marks. I want to do PhD in Biotechnology with this scorecard. I am eligible or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for GATE to study PhD(Life Science) after M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  2. Can I apply for PhD course under Result Awaited category in IIT-Roorkee if secured 91.15 percentile in GATE(Biotechnology) and pursuing last semester of M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  3. Can I do PhD in IIT or NIT if secured 95.96 percentile in GATE-Biotechnology?
  4. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  5. From where I will get GATE scholarship to study Ph.D program?
  6. How can I get scholarship to study Ph.D(Plant/Agriculture Biotechnology) in Abroad if secured 2067 AIR in GATE being a ST candidate?
  7. Institutions providing Phd in biotechnology in India through GATE
  8. Is it fine to do Ph.D in Biotechnology and CSIR, NET, GATE and JRF fellowship exam?
  9. Can I get admission to study PhD(Mathematics) in IIT-Mumbai if secured 159 rank in GATE?
  10. Am I eligible for GATE for PhD? GATE for PhD in Bioinformatics?
  11. Can I get admission to study PhD in NIPER through GATE after completing B.Tech(Biotechnology)?
  12. List of Government Colleges for M.Tech or PhD in Biotechnology taking GATE score for admission? I got 947 rank, 40.67 percentile and 381 score in GATE
  13. What is the eligibility criteria to do PhD in Biotechnology?
  14. List of Institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology program without NET and GATE in India?
  15. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  16. In which IITs I have a chance to get admission through GATE score for Phd?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for ICAR-NET, CSIR-NET and DBT-JRF if secured 5.7 CGPA in B.Tech(Biotechnology)?
  18. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
14th April 2015, 11:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology if secured 746 rank in GATE and 6.1 CGPA in B.Tech(Biotechnology)?

If you have qualified GATE and have Master's degree with 55% mark then only you can apply for Ph.D admission in a UGC recognized University. According to UGC you must have a Master's degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized University then only you can apply for Ph.D admission. For reserved category 50% marks is sufficient to make you eligible for Ph.D admission.

If you have qualified exams like NET/SLET/GATE/JRF in respective subject then you are eligible for Ph.D admission without any entrance exam and you have to appear for just a interview which is conducted by the University. If you don't have any of the above score then you need to appear for entrance exam and interview which is conducted by the respective University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?