9th April 2015, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

What kind of posts are available in Indian Railway for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 5th semester student? Can I appear in Indian Railway recruitment exam in my final semester?

Sir
I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and I am in 5th semester. I want to know for which post I have to apply in Indian Railway? Can I write the Indian Railway recruitment exam in my final semester?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service recruitment exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?
  2. How can I prepare for IES exam while in 5th semester? Which steps to follow?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria for IRTS?
  4. How to prepare for various posts in Indian Railway? Which books to refer?
  5. Job Opportunities in Indian Railway for me after the completion of Engineering in IT? What procedure to follow and required eligibility criteria for this?
  6. Can I continue my B.Tech education if I join Indian Navy in 5th Semester of my B.Tech?
  7. Difference between Group A post, Group B post and Gazetted Post? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Procedure to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 5th semester BE in Electronics and Instrumentation? Information regarding University Entry Scheme?
  9. What should I do to get Job in Indian Railway being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering? Which Exams I have to appear for this? Where can I get good Information regarding this?
  10. Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?
  11. What kind of posts are available in Railway Recruitment Board for B.Tech Electrical Engineer?
  12. What kind of job is offered in Indian Railway for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
  13. What is the procedure to get a job in Indian Railway? I am studying in B.E mechanical 8th semester
  14. Can I apply for Indian Railway recruitment if completed Diploma in IT on 10th basis?
  15. Are there any IT jobs in Railways?
  16. Job opportunities in Indian Railways for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer? Tips to prepare for Indian Railway recruitment exam?
  17. How may I know about recruitment's in Indian Railway?
  18. Which College am I eligible for MCA course in UP and NCR having completed BCA and being a candidate of Non Mathematics at 10+2?
14th April 2015, 10:02 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of posts are available in Indian Railway for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 5th semester student? Can I appear in Indian Railway recruitment exam in my final semester?

You are not eligible for any post in 5th semester but after completing your B.Tech you can apply for following posts :

Grade A services :
  • Indian Railway Traffic Service
  • Indian Railway Accounts Service
  • Indian Railway Personnel Service
  • Assistant Security Officer in Railway Protection Force
  • Indian Railway Service of Engineers
  • Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
  • Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
  • Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers
  • Indian Railway Stores Service

You will get post of Assistant Commercial Manager and Assistant Engineer.
Later you will be promoted to Divisional Commercial Manager, Senior Divisional Commercial Manager, Chief Commercial Manager, Divisional Railway Manager, Additional General Manager.

Grade B :
Section Officer of Railway Board, Section Engineer etc

Q : Can I appear in Indian Railway recruitment exam in my final semester?
Yes, you can appear in Indian Railway recruitment exam in your final semester. You have to submit your degree on or before the date provided by the examination authority that is RRB.
15th April 2015, 02:13 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of posts are available in Indian Railway for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 5th semester student? Can I appear in Indian Railway recruitment exam in my final semester?

Actually you are eligible to apply for all three posts namely Group A, B and C. For the Group A and B they will recruit the candidates according to the score of other Exams like Civils and IES examinations.

For the details regarding the list of posts applied by the Mechanical Engineering Graduate.

For Group A : ( Any graduate Students )

-- You must write Civil Services Examination for this. According to that score you will be alloted for different positions in Indian Railways.

For Group B :( B.E/B.Tech in Mech, Civil, ECE, EEE )

--You have to write any of the Professional Competitive Exams like Indian Engineering Service (IES ), Combined Medical Examination for Medical students .

For Group C : ( You need 10+2 )

Under this there are number of posts available namely Section master , Clerks etc., For this Posts you must attend for " RRB (Railway Recruitment Board ) Exam .

Then according to the performance in the written and Interview candidates will be alloted for the Indian Railway Group C posts.

Above All the Three types of posts you are eligible to apply.
11th December 2017, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

I am going to complete BE mechanical engineering in 2018, so when can I appear for exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?