15th April 2015, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in K-CET if my parents belongs to Karnataka but completed Schooling in Andhra Pradesh?

Hi Sir/Madam,
Am I eligible to write K-CET if I was born in
Andhra Pradesh and completed my Schooling
in Andhra Pradesh but my parents are from Karnataka?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in Diploma CET for a candidate who belongs to Karnataka and studied in AP?
  2. Am I eligible to take KCET Exam having completed 12th class in Andhra Pradesh and born in Andhra Pradesh but my mother born in Karnataka?
  3. Am I eligible to apply in AIPGMEE if completed Schooling in Andhra Pradesh and MBBS from Tamil Nadu?
  4. Will I be eligible for CET in Karnataka under government quota?
  5. Being Andhra Pradesh candidate can I appear in KCET 2015 if my mother belongs to Karnataka?
  6. Will I be considered under Karnataka quota for taking admission in medical colleges of Karnataka? I am pursuing my schooling from AP, but my father had studied in Karnataka for 6 years
  7. Can a Andhra Pradesh resident apply for Karnataka CET?
  8. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET for the year 2012 having completed Schooling and 10+2 in Tamil Nadu?
  9. Am I eligible to write KCET Exam having completed 10th, 11th and 12th in Andhra Pradesh and being a resident of Andhra Pradesh?
  10. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET? I'm a resident of mangalore in Karnataka and done schooling(CBSE) from Karnataka. How may I get application form and fee structure?
  11. ELigibility criteria for Karnataka CET for a Karnatak resident studying in Kerala? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I appear for Karnataka CET exam if my parents live in Uttar Pradesh?
  13. Am I eligible to write KCET PG entrance exam?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria for Karnataka CET?
  15. Am i eligible to write CET exam in Karnataka?
  16. What's the Eligibility criteria for CET entrance exam in Karnataka? Is a candidate completed SSLC in Karnataka and her IST and II puc studying in Maharashtra but residing in Karnataka, eligible for the same?
  17. What's the eligibility criteria for PGCET in Andhra Pradesh? I'm in final year of B.Pharma and have done PUC in Andhra Pradesh
  18. Eligibility to appear in Karnataka-CET for 12th students who belongs to Tamil Nadu?
22nd April 2015, 02:05 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to appear in K-CET if my parents belongs to Karnataka but completed Schooling in Andhra Pradesh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Madam,
Am I eligible to write K-CET if I was born in
Andhra Pradesh and completed my Schooling
in Andhra Pradesh but my parents are from Karnataka?
Yes, if you are going to study your 11th and 12th in Karnataka college. Regarding eligibility criteria of Karnataka Examination Authority conducted KCET for Medicine, Homeopathy, Engineering/Technology and Agriculture courses.

There are various norms that needs to be satisfied to be eligible for KCET exam. The eligibility criteria is distributed into numerous clauses. You should satisfy atleast one eligibility clause to sit for KCET exam. The detailed eligibility criteria related document is attached for your reference. Please find the same with this answer.

According to Clause B of Eligibility Criteria you will be eligible for KCET exam if you pass 11th and 12th or 1st and 2nd PUC in Karnataka government recognized institution in Karnataka AND your parents (or anyone of them) should have formal education of at least 7 years (from 1 to 12) in Karnataka. Relevant documents should be submitted when requested by KCET authorities.

And According to Clause C of Eligibility criteria you will be eligible for this exam if yours and your parents mother toungue is Kannada or Tulu or Kodava and either of your parents are domiciled in Karnataka state. And you need to qualify in the qualifying examination i.e., 12th or 2nd PUC anywhere outside Karnataka and you should be staying outside karnataka as on 1st may 2015. And you will undergo kannada language test by KEA. And you should be able to submit a document proof that you are staying outside karnataka as on 1st May 2015.

Relevant documents should be submitted to KCET authorities whenever requested.

Eligibility criteria related other clauses can be found in the document attached with this answer. Kindly find the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KCET 2015 Eligibility Criteria.pdf(285.1 KB, 202 views)
1st January 2016, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in K-CET if my parents belongs to Karnataka but completed Schooling in Andhra Pradesh?

Hi sir/madam my birth place is karnataka. Upto 5th std. I learn in karnatataka. After that frm 6th to 12th completed in maharashtra. Degree from karnatak. Now my question is that am i elligible for govt.. Job in karanatak on 10th and 12th qualification? My education is in kannada medium. Plz say to me what is the procedure for elligible to this.
16th January 2016, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in K-CET if my parents belongs to Karnataka but completed Schooling in Andhra Pradesh?

Can I appear for kcet
I completed my sslc in andhrapradesh but I studied 11th &12th PUC in Karnataka
Can u say that I m eligible for kcet
19th January 2016, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

I am a transferable central govt employee. My son has never studied in Karnataka. I have studied for more than 15 years in Karnataka. Mother tongue is Kannada. Eligibility class is "J". Should my son write Kannada exam for applying for CET in Karnataka? Is he a horanadu Kannadiga candidate?
19th January 2016, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

My son comes under J eligibility class. Should he write Kannada exam? Is he a Horanadu Kannadiga candidate for writing CET?
19th April 2017, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

I belong to Karnataka I have my house etc in Karnataka.Due to job requirement I had to move out of the state.My son is studying in mumbai. Is he eligible to apply for engineering through Horanadu Kannadiga quota.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?