15th April 2015, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?

Hello Sir,
I am taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000.
My father is a guarantor and he is an employee.
He pay the interest of the Loan amount.
But the amount of Tax is huge.
So, is there any way of deduction in Tax?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs if already taken Rs 15 Lacs against Property? -- [New]
  2. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 6.2 Lacs if working in CCL?
  3. Can I extend the repayment amount if taken Education Loan of Rs. 6 Lacs?
  4. What are the requirements to get education loan? How much will I get if the course costs 10 Lacs?
  5. How can I get Education Loan of Rs. 22 Lacs to study MS in USA if Bank sanctioned only Rs. 20 Lacs?
  6. Can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MS in USA if my mother is a retired Government School Teacher and having own house of Rs. 50 Lacs?
  7. Eligibility to apply for Education Loan of Rs. 3 Lacs for study B.Pharmacy?
  8. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  9. Which Bank sponsored Education Loan of Rs. 18 Lacs to study MS in India? Documents required to apply?
  10. Which Bank provides Education Loan of Rs. 8 Lacs to study MBA? Documents required to submit?
  11. How can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs to study MS in UK? Can I repay Loan after getting job? Do I have to Mortgage the property to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  12. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs to study MBA in IMT, Chennai? Terms and conditions to apply for Education Loan?
  13. Can I get deduction in Bank Education Loan to study MBA if my father is a Government serviceman?
  14. Does ward of Bank employee gets Education Loan of upto 7 Lacs?
  15. How much subsidy I will get if taken Education Loan of Rs. 3.4 Lacs?
  16. Can I get Education Loan to study MS in Abroad if already pursuing B.Tech through Education Loan?
  17. How can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs to study MBBS in India if my father is working in Abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I get increased amount if my college fee is increased having sanctioned Education Loan of Rs. 3.6 Lacs from State Bank of Patiala?
30th April 2015, 05:40 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?

Yes, your father will definitely get a tax deduction since he is a co-borrower of the education loan and is paying interest for it. There will be no tax reduction for being a guarantor. However, if he pays the interest of the education loan for the entire study period, then while repaying the education loan, you will get a rebate of 1% in the interest rate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?